Does anyone know where the outlook for Android app stores attachments. In particular the pictures that open up via a large thumbnail but doesn't give the option to save.

Been through the settings and can't seem to find anything connected to location of attachments.

They also appear in the 'files' tab on the app. But again can't find them using ES file Explorer search or Gallery app.

Anyone got any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-02-2015 12:17 AM
    I had the same problem. Since I couldn't save pictures in Outlook emails or attach anything other than pictures when replying using the Outlook app, I installed TypeMail. It works great with Outlook.com, and I'm even able to forward emails after editing them (I always like to remove the list of recipients and the original sender when I forward). https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.trtf.blue

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk
    07-02-2015 12:33 AM
    I still would like to know where the attachments are saved. Is it a bug or do you think they've designed it not to download attachments onto the phone?

07-02-2015 11:13 AM
    Sorry Laura but your reply feels like spam. Is this allowed on these forums?

07-05-2015 12:34 AM
    I am not spamming.

Since the Outlook app did not offer the ability to download and save pictures, I installed another email app that offered that functionality.

The link I provided was directly to the Google Play Store, not some dodgy site.

Any apps from the Google Play Store that I recommend are just personal preferences from my everyday use. I am not a developer, nor do I have any affiliation with any developers or companies.
    07-05-2015 02:22 AM
    I use the link Laura provided. It works quite well.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-05-2015 10:37 AM
    Sorry Laura.. I didn't mean to offend.. The main reason for my post was to find out if I was doing something wrong, or if anyone knew what location the attachments were being saved to.

Thanks for the tip about the app, I may check it out sometime. For now I'm using Gmail app for the Hotmail simply because it allows me to download attachments.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-05-2015 12:50 PM
    Sorry Laura.. I didn't mean to offend.. The main reason for my post was to find out if I was doing something wrong, or if anyone knew what location the attachments were being saved to.

Thanks for the tip about the app, I may check it out sometime. For now I'm using Gmail app for the Hotmail simply because it allows me to download attachments.

In the new update U CAN SEE file icon on the bottom tab , go to that tab and save any of your recently viewed attachment to your phone in download , where u can easily access those files.
    05-08-2016 09:41 AM
    Wait, so every time I click download in order to view an attachment in outlook, is it being saved somewhere or not? I'm trying to figure out why I'm nearly out of memory on my LG G3 (31G). I'm pretty diligent about storing big stuff on my memory card rather than the phone's internal memory.
    07-07-2016 02:53 PM
    On my phone: it is:

(Root)

/data/data/com.microsoft.office.outlook/cache/att-1/c8/c81e728d9d4c2f636f067f89cc14862c

Must be rooted to be able to open that folder.
    And I don't know if it's the same location as other different phones. Just try it.

Hope it helps.
    05-01-2018 12:33 PM