Hi everyone!

I recently got my Galaxy S4 handset from Vodafone and am having massive lag issues in N.O.V.A 3 Freedom Edition. My framerates are well below the 20's (and I'm a PC gamer so I know how to tell FPS without a counter ). What's extremely interesting is that when I first begin playing, my FPS is consistently above the thirties however after about 1-2 minutes it tanks to framerates as low as below 10. Now I know the GS4 isn't the most powerful phone anymore but it should be more than adequate for gaming considering the Moto G is able to run N.O.V.A. 3 at an easy 40-50fps. Furthermore it has no overheating issues so throttling should not be an issue.

My phone is running the non-rooted original 4.4.2 KitKat ROM from Samsung which was updated from 4.2.2 to 4.3 and then to 4.4.2. It is a brand new phone from Vodafone AU (I live in Oz). I'm using Google Launcher instead of TouchWiz and have enabled Developer Options where 'Force GPU Rendering' is enabled.

I'm currently new to the Android Central forums (my first post) so if you see me doing anything wrong please point it out for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated and have a nice day!
    07-02-2015 06:56 AM