Oddly I didn't see this even in AndroidCentral's news, but it appears Dropbox is hosting an internet scavenger hunt. The prize? Well for starters an extra GIG of storage for life. (Great for those of us on free accounts).

You can find the full posting here, it started a few days ago, but lasts for 2 weeks.

For those who wish to just jump into it:
    Just click here to go to Step 1

There are approx 29 steps or so to complete, each one giving you between 10-250 megs of storage space, so even if you don't complete it you get storage for each step along the way.

I will warn you however it's a bit tough at points, you may wish to google a few hints or visit the dropbox forums for hints from others. There is also a complete walkthru to be found on the internet, but I will not post it here so as to not spoil the fun.

Oh yes.. you will be timed.. the top people who finish the fastest will be awarded the following:
    There are also some additional epic prizes depending on how fast you finish!

* Platinum (1): Dropbox hoodie, LIMITED EDITION Dropbox Hack Week t-shirt, signed Dropbox drawing by Jon, 50 GB for life!
    * Gold (10): (10) Dropbox hoodie, 10 GB for life!
    * Silver (20): Dropbox t-shirt, 5 GB for life!
    * Bronze (50): 2 GB for life!
    * ...and more!

Sound good? Feel free to work together with a friend or two, but remember that only the fastest will be rewarded! Good luck!
    Note: I've no clue how they will do this now that walkthroughs are available.

Anyway, enjoy the hunt.
    bnob99 likes this.
    01-18-2011 03:57 PM
    Thanks for posting this. Can always use more space and for free is even better.
    01-18-2011 05:56 PM
    01-19-2011 12:31 AM
    I also found two other links I didn't know about to get more Free space... these appear to have no time limit but require you to have other accounts..

Link your account freebie space: Total 640 megs
    128 megs EACH to: connect twitter, post on twitter, follow on twitter, connect to facebook (Though it seems broken atm), and to "Tell Us what you think"

School Daze
    https://www.dropbox.com/edu: Up to 8 extra GIGS!
    Dropbox is making the transition back to school easy by giving everyone with an .edu email address double the credit for referrals. That's 500 MB per friend you invite! That goes for everyone you've already referred too.
    I tested both systems and so far everything works except facebook (but then again other apps tend to have issues with Facebook linking too so it might be FB's end).

Ohh and if you're not a dropbox fan, feel free to signup! Use the link in my sig for an extra 250 gigs.

Enjoy the space all.
    01-19-2011 11:13 PM