How do I deleted the location option on Facebook messenger?

mickb115

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
deleted location option on Facebook messanger

OK so me and my partner have got the exact same phones samsung galaxy a5 we both use Facebook and Facebook messanger right when you are on messanger there's a cog in top right corner for the messanger settings when clicked it brings a drop down box down and I belive the 4th or 5th option is location now u can check or uncheck the box depending weather you want others to see your location when you write them a message now for the whole reason am here...on my partners phone when you click the little cog in messanger you get the same drop down box BUT the location option isn't there you can't check or uncheck the box because the option isn't there how is this possible to delete what I thought was built into the program you just had the option to tick the box or not tick the box not actually remove the whole option so it's permanently set to hide your location I have been through a lot of my phones settings and been on the Internet but can not find out how my partner has deleted the option she said she was just messing with different settings and then noticed it was gone but can't remember what she did ....please help someone

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: deleted location option on Facebook messanger

OK so me and my partner have got the exact same phones samsung galaxy a5 we both use Facebook and Facebook messanger right when you are on messanger there's a cog in top right corner for the messanger settings when clicked it brings a drop down box down and I belive the 4th or 5th option is location now u can check or uncheck the box depending weather you want others to see your location when you write them a message now for the whole reason am here...on my partners phone when you click the little cog in messanger you get the same drop down box BUT the location option isn't there you can't check or uncheck the box because the option isn't there how is this possible to delete what I thought was built into the program you just had the option to tick the box or not tick the box not actually remove the whole option so it's permanently set to hide your location I have been through a lot of my phones settings and been on the Internet but can not find out how my partner has deleted the option she said she was just messing with different settings and then noticed it was gone but can't remember what she did ....please help someone

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried uninstalling the app and then re installing it?

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: deleted location option on Facebook messanger

Make sure the navigation sign is not blue. Then it will not show. Also go to settings and select messenger location services and click off by default

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer