Has anybody tried the Starbucks Widget? I am thinking about installing it but I noticed it wasn't created by Starbucks. I wondered how the scanning works with the Evo?
    01-19-2011 09:11 PM
    Has anybody tried the Starbucks Widget? I am thinking about installing it but I noticed it wasn't created by Starbucks. I wondered how the scanning works with the Evo?
    I don't know anything about this widget but I'd love to order a cup of coffee and pay for it before I walked in to the place so I could just pick it up.

Also, I'd love to control my home coffee maker and get it going with a widget! Sorry for the off topic dreaming...
    01-19-2011 09:19 PM
    I don't know anything about this widget but I'd love to order a cup of coffee and pay for it before I walked in to the place so I could just pick it up.

Also, I'd love to control my home coffee maker and get it going with a widget! Sorry for the off topic dreaming...
    I agree with both of these statements. If I could get my coffee going from a widget on my phone then I would be getting is started from bed every morning.
    01-19-2011 09:23 PM
    Yes, I noticed this after Starbucks released there app for the iphone:

Starbucks Card Widget for Android
    01-19-2011 09:31 PM
    Has long as it does what it's suppose to do... installed.
    01-19-2011 09:31 PM
    Tried it this morning, it works great!
    01-20-2011 07:46 AM
    They are supposed to be releasing an official app for Android soon. Haven't tried this one. I have the official app on my BB and it works great. I will have to check this one out on my EVO.
    01-20-2011 10:48 AM
    When I read the news report about the official iPhone app I thought about trying this but was initially leary since it was not an official Starbucks app. But from everything I've read it works great.
    01-20-2011 12:28 PM
    I used this to purchase my beverage earlier today. The only feature missing is the ability to see your SB Rewards. Awesome widget!
    01-22-2011 11:05 PM
    I have known the author loosely for ~10 years. Hes a good guy, and the app works great, nice and clean and no ads.
    01-24-2011 11:15 PM
    I used this to purchase my beverage earlier today. The only feature missing is the ability to see your SB Rewards. Awesome widget!
    Had an update this morning that says it'll display reward points, but after authenticating my acct, I couldn't find them. Still a great app, though.

EDIT: Restarted the widget and it had the points across the top. Seems to be counting down to the next level.
    01-25-2011 08:53 AM
    Have used it a couple of times now - super easy to use. The two SBX I go to have the little self service scanners right by the register. Takes 2 seconds.

Real nice clean app.
    01-25-2011 12:38 PM
    Stupid question maybe but what benefit does this have over swiping Visa/Mastercard/Discover?
    01-28-2011 03:46 PM
    Stupid question maybe but what benefit does this have over swiping Visa/Mastercard/Discover?
    Simply Convenience ... I receive Starbucks cards as gifts many times throughout the year .. Just this past holiday season I received 22 Starbucks gift cards .. I consolidate all the cards into one digital card on my phone and I'm good to go .. There is one item that I ALWAYS have on me and that's my phone.
    01-28-2011 06:18 PM
    Ohhhhh that makes sense. I was thinking along the lines of using your plastic to replenish it yourself, which seems like an extra unnecessary step to me.

If we ever get to where we can use the phone as if it's a credit card (that whole NFC thing), I'll welcome THAT with open arms. I don't want to have separate apps for every retailer though. I want a MasterCard app that works anywhere MasterCard works already.
    01-28-2011 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD