I am an old user of the palm HandyShopper App. My palm lost phone capability years ago, but I still use it for a few apps - one of which is HandyShopper. I used it for way more than shopping - everything from project management to travel & Camping lists. I have been using an android phone for about 4 years, but have never found anything that comes close to the power of HandyShopper. Times have changed. I have zeroed in on rShopping and ToMarket. So far, I am leaning toward rShopping, (mostly because lists can be backed up and restored individually) but I am having trouble trying to figure out how all the features work. I played with the default grocery list and am doing ok. It seems to have most of the features I need and use most.

But I have a few questions I could use some help with:

1. When I create a new store, there is a checkbox that says "Only in-store labels". What does this mean?
    2. Is a label basically the same thing as a category? If so, can items be assigned multiple labels?
    3. Is there a simple command to reset all items "IN THE DISPLAY" (ie the filtered list) to needed, as well as in the entire list database?

4. Can the column titles be customized ie change "label" to "category", etc?

5. Can column widths be changed?

6. Can the column title font be changed?

7. The size of the font used for items can be changed, but I can't seem to figure out how to change the size of the check box.

8. Can power be locked on while the app is the active foreground process?

9. Can the displayed (filtered) lists be shared by txt or e-mail?

If anyone can help with any of these questions, it would be very much appreciated!

Cheers!

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-12-2015 09:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! In case you haven't considered it, you could also send those questions to the developer: rShopping@RayDarLLC.com
    07-12-2015 10:23 PM
    Thanks for your interest in rShopping Grocery List. Here are some answers to your questions.

1. When I create a new store, there is a checkbox that says "Only in-store labels". What does this mean?
    When you tap a store, you are presented with several lists of items, each of these shows items that have been tagged with a certain label. Swiping left and right moves to the next/previous label. When this option is selected, all of the lists will have at least one item. When this option is off, a list for every label in the app is shown regardless of whether there are in items in the selected store with that label.

2. Is a label basically the same thing as a category? If so, can items be assigned multiple labels?
    Yes and Yes. In HandyShopper, by the way, you couldn't assign an item to more than one category (i.e. label), but you can in rShopping Grocery List.

3. Is there a simple command to reset all items "IN THE DISPLAY" (ie the filtered list) to needed, as well as in the entire list database?
    No, but you can easily change all the items in a store or tagged with a label to another state (i.e. 'reset') by tapping the button to the left of the store or label. A popup will tell you what is about to happen and verify that it's what you want. Also, when using the basket feature and you have items in the basket, a 'checkout' option becomes available. This resets all in-the-basket items to 'got it'. A multi-select feature with capabilities like what you describe will likely be in a future release.

4. Can the column titles be customized ie change "label" to "category", etc?
    Nope.

5. Can column widths be changed?
    No. But the version in development has a wider state button, making it quicker to tap. It also has a less cluttered look. Here is a preview:

rShopping Documentation-itemchoosegreen_en04.png

6. Can the column title font be changed?
    I am not sure what you mean.

7. The size of the font used for items can be changed, but I can't seem to figure out how to change the size of the check box.
    The buttons next to the items get taller and shorter to accommodate larger and smaller item names and item descriptions (both of which are selectable in the settings area). This feature doesn't work as well as it should on the current version and has been improved in the next version.

8. Can power be locked on while the app is the active foreground process?
    No. But when you have a store selected, rShopping List uses and Android feature that temporarily puts it in front of your phone's lockscreen. While you are shopping and your phone automatically turns off, you won't have to unlock it again just to check off another item on your list. NOTE: This feature has been shown to cause problems with the Swiftkey keyboard on Lollipop. The next version has a option to disable this feature.

9. Can the displayed (filtered) lists be shared by txt or e-mail?
    Yes. There is an email-needed-items option. It can send an e-mail or TXT message of the currently displayed (filtered) items. But, it only sends the items that are needed.

I hope this helps.

By the way, there is a private Google Plus community for rShopping Grocery List users. Search for rShopping List.

Thanks for your support.
    ((RayDar))
    07-13-2015 04:46 PM