I love the "Tether" app for BlackBerry! Works great.

I was happy to find the "Tether" app listed in Android Marketplace. However it doesn't get very reviews. This surprises me. Any reason why?

I won't be rooted for a while and I don't mind paying $30-$50 for this great app.

Any insights? Thanks!
    01-20-2011 06:13 PM
    You weren't specific on the tethering app you were referring to but the top two for a non root wired situation is Easytether and PdaNet ... Both come with free versions that prohibit secured sites but they work great .. Easytether is about $10 and with 4g it's quick .. PdaNet does have Bluetooth tethering but I don't know how fast or stable that is ... I am NOT rooted and right now don't have the need to be because my phone is GREAT and does everything I need as is .. I have both apps on my phone in the free version and contemplating spending the $10 for the paid Easytether .. i am constantly using it and believe me it's a savior.
    01-20-2011 07:56 PM
    It's called "Tether." Thanks for the info!
    01-20-2011 08:05 PM
    I guess all the tether apps are exclusively for rooted phones. Unrooted devices need love too.
    01-20-2011 08:11 PM
    The two apps I mentioned (PdaNet and EasyTether) are for NON Rooted devices .. They are very good apps .. The rooted ones offer wireless tethering whereas the non rooted apps above are through USB (and bluetooth for PdaNet ).
    01-20-2011 08:16 PM
    Just like solo1 said, EasyTether and PdaNet are both very good apps to use for non rooted devices. This past week I installed z4root and did a temp root so I could use Wireless Tethering app. Works great.
    01-21-2011 07:44 AM
    The Android community are cheapos they want every thing free or cheap. I have tether and love it. Also had it my storm days.
    01-21-2011 07:47 AM
    The two apps I mentioned (PdaNet and EasyTether) are for NON Rooted devices .. They are very good apps .. The rooted ones offer wireless tethering whereas the non rooted apps above are through USB (and bluetooth for PdaNet ).
    Ok, I got it now. There is love for Unrooted phones. Yepee!
    01-21-2011 07:47 AM
    The Android community are cheapos they want every thing free or cheap. I have tether and love it. Also had it my storm days.
    Ooh! That's not true.. is it?
    01-21-2011 07:50 AM
    You haven't seen the post *****ing about some apps pricing. I see it all the time.
    01-21-2011 07:52 AM
    I'll try both EasyTether and Tether. Iike to use what I have experience with.
    01-21-2011 07:54 AM
    there's also pdanet...works fine w/o rooting as well, but you have to pay for it obviously :-)
    01-21-2011 11:09 AM
    I'll try both EasyTether and Tether. Iike to use what I have experience with.
    For what it's worth, I used tether on my Storm2. I tried to get tether to transfer my license from the Storm to the Driod and they said no way. So, lets see 39.99 for tether for BB then another 29.99 for the DRIOD. I think not.

And software developers wonder why people bootleg software. Oh well that's OT.
    01-21-2011 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD