Android Central app?

txfarmboy

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
When I had my blackberry, I was using crackberry.com. They had an app the basically launced to the website. If I wanted forums, I clicked forums.

Is there something out there for android central?

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I asked the same Q on CrackBerry, and here is the reply. See if it works for you:

xliderider 10:25 PM 01-16-2011 -- [Reply] [!!]

Long press on an empty spot on homescreen, select Shortcut, Activity, Bookmark. Done. ?:)

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Indeed bookmark either version of the site that you want it to go to ...if you bookmark the mobile it will load that from the shortcut. Then long press and add shortcut to bookmark, and then just choose the bookmark.

Just remember whatever view you are in is the view it will launch. Kinda nice actually. Especially for ESPN. Depending on what I want off the site.

original00

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Get to forums on android app

Seems like still no access to forums? That seems crucial for an Androidcentral app cos I could just use an rss reader for the news. They need to ask xda how they do their mobile app cos they have access to all their forums on their mobile site

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Seems like still no access to forums? That seems crucial for an Androidcentral app cos I could just use an rss reader for the news. They need to ask xda how they do their mobile app cos they have access to all their forums on their mobile site

I'm sure XDA worked something out with TapaTalk to make it free. You can download TapaTalk for free from the market, except you will only be able to read. To post you will need the paid version.

Reactions: original00

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Just create a bookmark to the forums or ACs homepage. I use Launcher Pros bookmark widget but you can add a bookmark from the homescreen by long pressing a screen... add bookmark. Its not like BB where you need an app. Androids good at rendering webpages quickly. Just use the main site or mobile site. You can also go into the market and get the AC widget but its better to just browse from the browsers default page of AC. You might also want to look into an app called TapaTalk.

Reactions: original00

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel