Whatsapp popups do not stop, how can I get them to?

A

AC Question

Whatsapp popups do not stop

Hello all,

please help!

My husband bought me this fone.
Just configured email account for Asus and my private email.
The contacts were transfered by bluetooth.
installed whatsapp...started the problems. Popups from whatsapp do not stop and can do anything else on the phone because of this.

can you help please????

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Whatsapp popups do not stop

Which phone and android version do you have? Are those pop ups the lollipop notifications or the whatsapp reply windows?

Inside whatsapp settings you can uncheck the reply pop ups for individual or group chats.

The new lollipop notifications can be dismissed swiping right or left.

riqgm

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Hello,

I am sorry...forgot to write the model: ZenFone 2 ZE551ML.
The notifications are from the phone not from the app. Never happened on other phones. Can you help please?
Thanks

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Hello, thanks for joining Android Central, welcome to the forums!

Those notifications are a Lollipop feature. You can manage how they work in settings - sounds & notifications, but the options are a bit limited. There's not an easy way to keep the old notifications in your status bar and avoiding those pop ups. Some people are using an app called Heads off. I haven't tried myself, but most reviews are positive. The free version seems very limited though.This is the Play Store link.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.jamworks.noheadsup&token=4VAc9P1M

riqgm

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

As soon as I install whatsapp starts all over.
The popups say: ''whatsapp tryes to write contacts'' or read contacts.....and checking the box ''remember choice'' is the same as nothing :(

i do not want to install another app.....is there any other way....this happens with whatsapp

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Let's try a different thing. Can you take a screenshot of one of those pop ups and post it here? Are you selecting "yes" to allow Whatsapp to access your contacts? Do you have a security app installed in your phone?

riqgm

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I already try the deny button is the same.
To send a screenshot I have to install it again...and I am getting tired of that if you understand me.
I do not have any security app installed. Even CM Security I uninstalled because was making almost the same as whatsapp but not so frequently.

riqgm

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

Do not have a screenshot and have desinstalled the app....or else i cannot do anything else on the phone.
tryed to do a firmware update as is explained in the asus site (support/faq/1009748) and nothing happened after copy the zip file and disconnect the usb cable

adtech1

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site

why whatsapp always deducts my phone balance even when I am not using it? the question may be little off topic, but i couldnot find any related thread :(