Remote desktop app?

Cyber Phunk

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking of adding a remote desktop app to my Droid X so I can access my desktop form the road and was wondering if there was any good remote desktop apps out there?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Looking for a full on remote desktop experience, not simply vpn.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking of adding a remote desktop app to my Droid X so I can access my desktop form the road and was wondering if there was any good remote desktop apps out there?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Looking for a full on remote desktop experience, not simply vpn.

When you say "remote desktop", are you referring to RDP specifically? Or are you just using it as a general term for remote access. I know that there are a few RDP solutions in the market. I used one (I don't remember which) and it worked quite well. Or if you are just looking for remote access in general with the exception of VPN, you could use LogMeIn which remotes into your computer as standard console access (mimics exactly what you see at your PC. Not a terminal session).

Cyber Phunk

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
When you say "remote desktop", are you referring to RDP specifically? Or are you just using it as a general term for remote access. I know that there are a few RDP solutions in the market.

Not sure what "RDP" is.

What I'm looking for is a way to log on to my computer remotely and interact with the desktop as if I was sitting in front of it. On vacation, I would like to take the video files my TV card creates of the shows I watch and run them through a video converter so they will work on my PSP. Unfortunately the converter program doesn't have a command line version, so I have to do it graphically, point and click, on the desktop. After running them through the converter I can upload them to a server I have access to and grab them via FTP directly onto the PSP.

That make sense?

bnob99

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I use phonemypc and have two computers on it. Works very well. Don't remember exact price but is worth it.

Just checked and it's 9.99. So that's a fair price considering logmein is 29.99. They are also working on sound from the computer you are connected to playing on the device.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Rigs49#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Log Me In works really good. I use it on my droid to control my work desktop. You must have a logmein account (Free by the way) first, before you purchase the app.

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Log Me In works very well, consider it... just need the application on on your computer all the time and you just log in, works perfectly.

stashu11

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I use phonemypc too. It is perfect for my needs. Very fast refreshing too. I would compare it to Logmein, except it's $20 cheaper.

Cyber Phunk

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

VaccPalm

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Tried both Phonemypc and Logmein and I stick with PhoneMyPC . Alot cheaper (why pay $30 when you can get the same thing for $9 and its better in my opinion) and it does the same thing essentially as LogMeIn. You also have the free AndroidVNC and you isntall a VNC Viewer on your PC and you can see and control your Screen but not as functional as the other 2.

Last edited:

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
WYSE PocketCloud works well but I need a solution that also lets me control my home computer with my laptop. Trying out Teamviewer now.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just used PocketCloud on my EVO to remotely install Teamviewer on my desktop at home and then connected to the desktop with my laptop and started working while still connected on my phone. I could watch what I was doing remotely on the desktop from the laptop on the phone.

I don't need to do this kind of work that often but it's nice to have it setup so I can.

Bolt_of_Thunder

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Just installed teamviewer and enjoying it so far! I have one question, is it possible to wake a sleeping, hibernating, or shut down windows computer via this app? Or is there a different application that allows you access to your computer even if it is shutdown?

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Just installed teamviewer and enjoying it so far! I have one question, is it possible to wake a sleeping, hibernating, or shut down windows computer via this app? Or is there a different application that allows you access to your computer even if it is shutdown?

I can wake up my computer when it is locked. I tried my laptop when it was in hibernate but it couldn't do it. I don't know of an app that could turn it on from being off. Maybe there is some sort of remote control outlet you can get to do that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance