Hi I was wondering if loading apps from Google Play puts you at risk to having your privacy invaded. I heard from someone it cause your phone to be at risk of being hacked. It is uncomfortable to me to see all of the access it wants you to agree to
    07-24-2015 01:18 PM
    Hi I was wondering if loading apps from Google Play puts you at risk to having your privacy invaded.
    That will depend on your definition of an "invasion" of your privacy. Some apps want access to your private data. Some do not. Before you install any application, you're given a list of what access the app requires.

I heard from someone it cause your phone to be at risk of being hacked. It is uncomfortable to me to see all of the access it wants you to agree to
    That is incorrect. Google Play itself is no more invasive than Apple's App Store or the Windows Marketplace. You need to create an account and provide payment information, which is secured and privatized on servers under the control of Google.
    Hi I was wondering if loading apps from Google Play puts you at risk to having your privacy invaded.
    That will depend on your definition of an "invasion" of your privacy. Some apps want access to your private data. Some do not. Before you install any application, you're given a list of what access the app requires.

I heard from someone it cause your phone to be at risk of being hacked. It is uncomfortable to me to see all of the access it wants you to agree to
    That is incorrect. Google Play itself is no more invasive than Apple's App Store or the Windows Marketplace. You need to create an account and provide payment information, which is secured and privatized on servers under the control of Google.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-24-2015 02:25 PM