Anybody Know about the CNBC app?

A

AC Question

Anybody Know about the CNBC app

I am looking into getting a new phone to replace my 6 year old Android phone.

I am considering an android phone but one must have for me is CNBC. My current phone is too old for the app. My son has an iPhone and he can watch CNBC on his phone. It is the live broadcast and the stock crawler across the bottom is the same as on live TV.

I see that there is a CNBC app for the android I checked the blog and the store. I can't tell if I can actually watch live TV. Most reviewers seem to use it to watch older programs but not live.

Has anybody tried it? Can I get the live broadcast that includes the crawler?

Thanks
Pete

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anybody Know about the CNBC app

It looks like there is an app for it - https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=com.cnbc.client&token=52GZdTFU.

Below is a quote of the description.

Access the power of CNBC on your smartphone.
Get fast, accurate and actionable business news, financial information, and market data from the network that is First in Business Worldwide.
Stream CNBC shows like Squawk Box live, or access full episodes of CNBC Prime’s American Greed or The Profit with video on demand (U.S. Only). CNBC’s app delivers real-time stock market quotes throughout the day, direct from the NYSE and NASDAQ. View pre-market and after-hours trading data and customize your own watchlists in My Stocks.

petecal

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

The question is, does the live broadcast include the crawler? I have an app for CNBC that my broker provides. It is the live people and voice but the crawler across the bottom is just a blue strip. No stock quotes. I get a lot from watching the crawler. Most of the talking heads don't know what they are talking about so I mute them.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The question is, does the live broadcast include the crawler? I have an app for CNBC that my broker provides. It is the live people and voice but the crawler across the bottom is just a blue strip. No stock quotes. I get a lot from watching the crawler. Most of the talking heads don't know what they are talking about so I mute them.

It may. I would say try it out and see -- it is a free app.

petecal

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

It may. I would say try it out and see -- it is a free app.

Perhaps you didn't read the first line of my post. My droid is too old to run this app. I want to upgrade but I must be able to get CNBC with the crawler. If I am not confident that I can see the crawler I will have to go to the iPhone which does it correctly.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Perhaps you didn't read the first line of my post. My droid is too old to run this app. I want to upgrade but I must be able to get CNBC with the crawler. If I am not confident that I can see the crawler I will have to go to the iPhone which does it correctly.

Ah I apologize. I would send them an email to be 100% sure then -- cnbcllca2@mailmw.custhelp.com. I would ask them if they have the same crawler in their android app as they do their iPhone app.