Samsung Galaxy S4.: why does my Juice Defender turn off when I leave my home wi-fi area?

A

AC Question

Samsung Galaxy S4. Juice Defender turns off when I leave my home wi-fi area.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 using AT&T cell service. I have Juice Defender installed on my phone. When I am at home using my home wi-fi Juice Defender starts automatically when I power my phone up and works fine. When I leave home it automatically connects to AT&T wireless and when I come home Juice Defender is turned off and I have to manually go and turn it on again. My phone connects to my home wi-fi automatically when I return home, but Juice Defender is off. I just realized that I have never checked to see it Juice Defender turns off when I leave home, but I do know that it is off when I return. Any help is appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S4. Juice Defender turns off when I leave my home wi-fi area.

Fully charge the battery. Leave home normally, but manually turn JD back on. Use the phone normally all day. Notice how much battery you used.

Now fully charge the battery, but turn JD off. Go about your normal day and see if JD really saves any appreciable amount of battery. About the only savings I've ever seen from any app like that is from turning woifi off when you're away from home, and the app uses so much current that the amount you save isn't worth the effort.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE