Is there a way to prevent LauncherPro from showing up in the task manager? It's not like a regular app you can simply close or back out of.
    01-24-2011 09:08 AM
    Which task manager? On my Fascinate there isn't a way to configure it so it doesn't show up in the built-in task manager, but depending on the program you are using, there might be configurable options for hiding/excluding apps from its list.
    01-24-2011 09:12 AM
    Don't use a task manager
    01-24-2011 09:12 AM
    Don't use a task manager
    This is also excellent advice for a plethora of other reasons
    01-24-2011 09:14 AM
    Which task manager? On my Fascinate there isn't a way to configure it so it doesn't show up in the built-in task manager, but depending on the program you are using, there might be configurable options for hiding/excluding apps from its list.
    Just the standard/built in Task Manager that you get by holding the home button. I'm not talking about task killers. I don't use those.
    01-24-2011 09:14 AM
    Which phone are you using? On my phone the screen you are referring to isn't a task manager, it's a list of the most recently used apps. Pressing one of them will open that app. It begins to change as I open different apps.
    01-24-2011 10:05 AM
    Samsung Epic. It's a task switcher but there's also a task manager button at the bottom so you can close all open apps individually or at once. Touchwiz doesn't show up there, but when you disable it, Home does. If you use LauncherPro instead, that's what shows up instead of Home. You can close it but as soon as you hit the home screen again, it's back.

It's not a problem per se, just an OCD thing. I was hoping there's a way to make it a background app instead of being in the foreground.
    01-24-2011 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD