I am a new android user, just come over from a BlackBerry. I have done searches on these forums for apps that would be similar to BerryWeather and read through them.

My question comes at this from a different angle. I am not so concerned with the radar maps as a simple icon on my homescreen. I currently have a widget that is a bar, and I don't find it visually appealing.

Are there any weather apps that will put just a small widget on my screen that has current conditions and hi/lo?
    01-25-2011 10:20 AM
    You might want to check out Beautiful Widgets. Coming from BB I'm sure you heard of WeatherBug...it's also for Android in the market.
    MamaBee#AC likes this.
    01-25-2011 10:25 AM
    You might want to check out Beautiful Widgets. Coming from BB I'm sure you heard of WeatherBug...it's also for Android in the market.
    Thank you. I have heard very good things about Beautiful Widgets. Definitely going to be looking into that!

Just downloaded WeatherBug and it was exactly what I was looking for! Love that I can customize the background and text to match my wallpaper.

Thank you for your help!
    01-25-2011 10:35 AM
    Beautiful widgets along with Radar Now. I also have Mycast Weather Lite to fill in the gaps from BW. I paid for Weather Bug Elite but that thing seems to want to update only when it wants to so its sitting on the sidelines.
    01-25-2011 01:14 PM
    I used to use beautiful widgets. Now im using fancy widget pro (which uses weatherbug as the provider and I find most accurate) along with using weatherbug elite for more detailed forecasts.
    01-25-2011 11:09 PM
    Went ahead and went with Beautiful Widgets, because we live in a small town and accuweather has our town listed and weatherbug does not.

Love it!
    01-26-2011 07:15 AM
    I use the HTC Desire so have a weather app installed on the default UI but with Google having updated the weather feature when you search I imagine that will serve the needs of most.
    01-26-2011 12:02 PM
    Another Fancy Widget user here (linked over to the Weather Bug app). With the two apps together, it gives me something pretty close to what I had with Berry Weather.
    01-26-2011 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD