WaveSecure... Anyone else having trouble registering?

Ignitros

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I just downloaded WaveSecure from the Market and it keeps wanting to register but then times out and says to check and make sure the phone has internet access and try again. Any idea what's up or is it just that since the program is free this month there is alot of new users bogging things down?

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
I think it is new users bogging things down.

I already had an account through a ROM I tried and didn't like so when I downloaded it through the market I just put in my old pin and off I went...

Phil.

shdwjackal

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I had some trouble at first but it finally went through and the app actually seems pretty cool. May play around with it and see what it can do.

Kaizmuth

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
I just downloaded and installed WaveSecure. When I try to run it, I get an error saying that an Invalid SIM as been detected, please insert a valid SIM.

On the WaveSecure webpage, when I selected the US as my country, it automatically switched over to Canada every time. I put in my cell number and it sent me the link, but I think that's where the problem lies.

Any thoughts?

Ignitros

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I finally got mine to link and register. Think it was just so many people trying it out. Works pretty well but DO NOT lock and alarm your phone unless you prepare everyone around you! The alarm is a REALLY, REALLY LOUD screaming lady! LOL

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I've never been able to login to the web site despite several emails to their support. I finally uninstalled it from my phone.

EDIT
Found that I had to add a "1" to the front of my phone number ( 12223334444 ) for the login to work. I had no idea what the US country code was.

Last edited:

shdwjackal

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
The alarm sound is crazy. It really is hilarious and can be quite the prank if someone decides they just want to pick up your phone and start messing with it. It WILL scare the crap out of you the 1st time you hear it. I tried a few of the functions like remote locking, and remote lock with alarm. Both work great, and both allow you to send a custom message to be displayed. The only issue I had was with wiping. I tested wiping my contacts. When I looked at my phone, they were gone, but there was a weird icon in the notification bar. Clicked on it and it said TOO many items were deleted (about 100) and gave me the option to undelete them. It worked. LOL So, an issue there. But I am more than happy with the lock function if nothing else. Also, the back up works, and you can see SMS messages and contacts through the online website once you have backed up. One thing though, is that after I did the back up, and it could be something totally unrelated, but all my videos disappeared. Not sure they are related, but it happened.

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
Are Droids CDMA?

I think there might be an issue with CDMA phones as they do not have a SIM IIRC, and that might bork Wave Secure. Something for their developers to look into...

Phil.

navysqrrl

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I am uninstalling Wave Secure. It is incredibly easy to bypass. Test it out yourself. Lock it from their site or via the device. Wait until your phone locks and gives you the message "This phone is locked. Please contact 911 to return." Now press the power/lock button on the top of the phone (A Droid) rapidly. On, off, on, off. Tada, instant access to the phone. Push the home button and Wave Secure is gone. Obviously not very secure. No thanks.

pbrennan42

Dec 17, 2009
www.philipbrennan.net
It is more secure when included as part of a ROM so it cannot be uninstalled that way.

navysgrrl, if you have found a way to bypass it tell the developers about it so that they can lock that exploit down. These things are only secure if users report exploits and let the developers fix them.

Phil.

navysqrrl

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
It is more secure when included as part of a ROM so it cannot be uninstalled that way.

navysgrrl, if you have found a way to bypass it tell the developers about it so that they can lock that exploit down. These things are only secure if users report exploits and let the developers fix them.

Phil.
My name has a Q in it not a G. I reported it to them a while ago, along with their horrible grammatical errors. The horrible grammar mixed in with an unfixed security problem results in a very unprofessional product. Their site is slow as molasses and the product has many workarounds. I'll debate reinstalling it if/when they fix their act. The concept behind it is awesome, however better apps exist.

shdwjackal

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
My name has a Q in it not a G. I reported it to them a while ago, along with their horrible grammatical errors. The horrible grammar mixed in with an unfixed security problem results in a very unprofessional product. Their site is slow as molasses and the product has many workarounds. I'll debate reinstalling it if/when they fix their act. The concept behind it is awesome, however better apps exist.

My understanding is that if you contact them via the Market, they will refund the entire purchase price.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams