How do I give my app administrator permissions?

socialsipn

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I am creating a new type of security application that sits at OSI Layer 2/3 and encrypts packets of data flowing between devices. With this proven technology, I can create apps such as Secure Skype, Private Messenger and so forth and I can do things such as blend Triple DES and AES 256 bit encryption (this will eventually be an open source encryption platform) on the same communication channel. We run underneath higher level, more limited, options such as SSL and VPN and we have been working on desktops for years.

The problem is that I cannot figure out how to port my Linux version over to Android due to the need to have admin rights for my app. I do NOT want to try to force people to root their phone and I am looking for some legal option.

In Windows and Apple, you can get your code verified - in Windows it is called Windows Logo verification. In those case, your code is run through a whole series of tests, the source code is signed and that cert is then authorized for admin rights.

Given how Android works, it would seem that a similar option should exist but I cannot find anything.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

Thank you very much for your time.

Ken

socialsipn

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
I did and there was nothing there. I also looked in Google Forums, random app dev sites, antivirus app developer shops - even did Bing searches! I cannot find anything referencing this one way or another.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I did and there was nothing there. I also looked in Google Forums, random app dev sites, antivirus app developer shops - even did Bing searches! I cannot find anything referencing this one way or another.
Unfortunately I'm not a developer. However, there are a few on the site and hopefully someone is able to assist. Good luck!