music app that plays songs in album/CD order?

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Just starting to move my music onto my Droid. Each CD or album I've ripped is in a separate folder. A problem I've found is that while I can select a specific album, the songs are played in alphabetic order, not in the order they are on the album/CD. Since I've been listening to some of this stuff for years in a specific order this new order just doesn't work for me. What are my options here to get things back in the right order?

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't know specifically, but I use MixZing and you can probably create a playlist for each album (very easily - you can list the music by albums, press and hold on an album title, and add it to a playlist, or you may even be able to just play the whole album that way - not sure since I don't have entire albums on my phone), but I don't know if it would play them in the order in which you downloaded them or what. Worst case, you can change the file names so they preface with an 01, 02, etc for the track names. I highly recommend MixZing, though. Very good music/media player.

Ripjames

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure Mixzing will play in album order if you select the album through Album on the menu, not sure, I don't have many albums on my phone either, also I am on a hero not a droid if that could make a diff, if by chance you need this for mp3 audio books Audio Book Player is the best I've found for this, though it may not be compabable with droid, Astro Player Beta will as well, I would assume it would do music the same

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
You're right about MixZing. Playing around I found that if I long press the album and select play it does so in album order. I'm a happy camper now.

I really need to remember long presses in various locations. I keep finding, or am told about, functions that aren't found elsewhere.

spacehippie2k

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
azjerry, are your files in .wma format? For some reason, I've noticed a similar issue with other players,too (PS3, some Windows Mobile music palyers). The Droid's player and the others will list the .wma tracks in alphabetical order, while .mp3 tracks are listed in the order they are in on the album. The same workaround you discovered will work on the Droid's stock music player as well - if you long press the album in the "Album" view and select "Play", the tracks will play in the correct order as they are on the album. I listen to a lot of live recordings, so this was driving me a little batty, too. I just figured it out the other day.