Hey Guys, I installed launcherpro today and love it. I have a question, I have seen some docks which have text on them - like contacts, browser, gmail, text etc. How do I get one of those docks? Can someone please guide me about it. Thanks a lot.
    01-31-2011 05:41 PM
    I would say XDA has all that over there.
    01-31-2011 06:16 PM
    I would say XDA has all that over there.
    Sorry if it's a daft question, could you please post the link? Thanks.
    01-31-2011 06:18 PM
    Well, there's a couple things. First, there's a setting of which background to use for your dock, so you can select any image.

Second is the icons for the dock. You can long press on any space on the dock and choose to change the icon or the action.

There are many places to get icons and docks at. You can start here: LauncherPro Icons | Custom Android app icons for the awesome LauncherPro home screen replacement

That link has a bunch of docks graphics. Some of them already have the images on them (in which case when you select the icon for that spot, you'd choose a transparent.png file (which is basically invisible). Of course there are many many more places to get images from, but that's one to get you started.

Hope that helps.
    01-31-2011 08:53 PM
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=263A ton of customization roots from here...
    01-31-2011 08:57 PM
    launcher pro has the most active forum for these types of things, as well as walk-throughs on countless issues.

launcherpro.com then click the forum, then go to theming and customization.

You'll see people post their homescreens in one of the threads, and they also post the icons/docks/wallpapers if asked. Go there, you'll get more then you will from xda.
    01-31-2011 10:59 PM
    the LPI site that evil monkey mentioned is also available in app form. very easy to download the docks and icons straight to your sd card with the app

LauncherPro Icons and Docks - Android app on AppBrain
    01-31-2011 11:19 PM
    Well, there's a couple things. First, there's a setting of which background to use for your dock, so you can select any image.

Second is the icons for the dock. You can long press on any space on the dock and choose to change the icon or the action.

There are many places to get icons and docks at. You can start here: LauncherPro Icons | Custom Android app icons for the awesome LauncherPro home screen replacement

That link has a bunch of docks graphics. Some of them already have the images on them (in which case when you select the icon for that spot, you'd choose a transparent.png file (which is basically invisible). Of course there are many many more places to get images from, but that's one to get you started.

Hope that helps.
    All these folks are right on. If you want to go farther in customization, XDA is the only way.....
    01-31-2011 11:28 PM
    Thanks a lot, guys. Appreciate your help.
    02-01-2011 06:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD