Anyone use battery doctor?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Anyone use battery Doctor

DO NOT install Battery Doctor! It's totally ineffective and actually should be considered to be malware!

To understand why, check out this:

http://androidforums.com/index.php?threads/896663/

If you have anything else installed by DU Apps, Cheetah Mobile, Go Development Team or 360 Mobile Security, just to name some of the worst offenders, uninstall them immediately.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Edna Alcazar

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for this information. My friend installed it and his phone froze up 3 times already.All his apps did not work. he had to power off the phone and than put it on again and the apps worked again.I presume it was Battery doctor doing it.What about the app Battery Defender? Any good?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

Avoid all so-called battery savers, optimizers or repairers. Battery saver apps such as Juice Defender, DU Battery etc etc are ineffective at best, often actually using more power than they save. Some, and DU Battery is a prime example of this, are just plain evil, practically taking over the phone with constant nag ads and scary-sounding false alarms. So-called battery repair apps are bogus. No app can 'repair' a damaged or worn-out battery.

And again, if you have any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, etc etc uninstall them immediately! None of that stuff is necessary. They are counterproductive, waste power, disrupt system processes and degrade performance.

Edna Alcazar

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site

What about Sut Apps which closes down apps that are running? Another thing is Avast do you use this yourself? thanks

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

OK, regarding Sut Apps or similar...one more time...

Any software that attempts manage processes by closing down apps is counterproductive to Android operation. Again - Don't use any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, etc. They are counterproductive, waste power, disrupt system processes and degrade performance.

Let me try to explain a little more why this is so.

Manually futzing around closing apps, killing apps, installing RAM boosters, etc is simply incorrect operation of Android. Among other problems these apps cause, it means you're not taking advantage of Android's optimization capabilities, resulting in less than optimal performance and reduced battery life.

Android can learn from your usage habits and optimize itself to suit. It also learns when lag occurs or other system glitches and adjusts to cope with them better. Android actually runs better and better as you use it.

But it has to be allowed the chance to do so. If an app or the user intervenes and kills processes, the learning/optimization process is broken. The intervening app essentially causes incorrect usage information to be sent to Android, ultimately degrading performance.

The developers of Sut Apps, Advanced task Killer and many, many other apps clearly show a fundamental lack of knowledge of, or disregard for, basic principles of Android operation. They write apps to sell, not to actually be helpful, realizing that from a sales perspective, what sounds good is usually more profitable than what works well.

This link should help you understand. It's a good explanation of how Android handles multitasking, processes, RAM, etc automatically for written by one of the authors of Android:

Android Developers Blog: Multitasking the Android Way

Regarding Avast or any other antivirus...I've used Android since v1.0, from the beginning. I've never used or felt the need for any antivirus. To me they're just a waste of time and resources on your device.

Last edited:

Edna Alcazar

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
I presume very one has their own opinion about this. I have Avast and nothing happened so far.I also have the Battery defender and it works okay also. I get 2 1/2 days out of my phone playing games, and texting and hearing my playlists i have.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

is greenify also a sut app ?
Greenify is different from other so-called 'battery savers'. It's OK to use, but should be used carefully and sparingly. I've never gotten any worthwhile improvement with it and don't even have it installed. YMMV.

yo yo man

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site

Greenify is different from other so-called 'battery savers'. It's OK to use, but should be used carefully and sparingly. I've never gotten any worthwhile improvement with it and don't even have it installed. YMMV.

i use it get rid of facebook running all the time and my device is old so may be it is good for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech