Need a music app that recognizes compilation albums

Vance14

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
What I need is a player that will recognize compilation albums, and not break it up into a separate album for each artist. This is what Winamp, Poweramp and the stock music player do. I have Album Artist set to be the same name as the Album, but all of these players still have a problem.

jprins68

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
DoubleTwist media player seems to handle this fairly well, at least better than any other I have tried. It will group the album into one album when viewing the albums, but it seems to pick one of the artists on the album as the artist. When looking at the list of artists however, each artist is split out as only having one song on that album.

FWIW, I think that doubleTwist is the best media player that I have tried yet and the AirSync add-on is a great way to get music on the device (add-on not free though). Hope this helps.

Chondog

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
PlayerPro does this if you have Album Artist set to "various artists" (or whatever).

Doubletwist is a resource hog in my opinion. I've tried it several times with my massive music library and it crawls beyond belief.

For wifi syncing, iSyncr is the best app.