3rd Party SMS won't open picture

liquidoblivion

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have found several other threads on other forums of people having the same problem with no solutions. Most others haven't explained it very well and I think this larger much more active forum can help me figure out what is going on here.

When someone sends me a picture it loads in the chat window, but if you click it the gallery app opens but just shows the blurry background and won't load the pic. This happens in GoSMS and in Handcent SMS. Now if I press the pic in the Android SMS app then gallery loads and opens the pic right up. What gives??

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure, as I don't have the issue, but I know you need to make sure "auto-retrive" is checked in the stock sms app.

for more advice though, I'd go xda and look in the GO SMS thread. He answers questions very frequently there.

liquidoblivion

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I have made sure "auto-retrive" is checked, even tried it unchecked. Nothing changes except you won't be able to see the pictures in the chat window until you click download.

In case it might matter I forgot to mention that I am using a LG Optimus S.

liquidoblivion

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so gallery sucks anyway, I installed quickpic and it works perfectly and super fast. If someone knows why gallery fails to load MMS pics sometimes you can post here, otherwise install a image viewer that doesn't suck seems to be the best answer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon