Hi!

I'm thinking of plopping down some money for TuneIn Radio Pro. For those of you who have it, I have a question. I've heard that the iOS version requires you to have the screen turned on and the device plugged in to record streams (at least on a scheduled basis).

I'm interested in recording programs on a scheduled basis, and I've looked around to see if these caveats exist for recording streams with Android devices. I haven't seen anything about it, but I just wanted to see if that were the case before spending $10 on the app. I tweeted @TuneInSupport, but haven't heard anything back yet. I suspect it's because of the weekend.

Thanks!!
    09-05-2015 06:16 PM
    I just tried it out. The recording will still start if the phone is asleep--however, when the recording starts, the screen will wake up, and the app will start playing the radio stream--so if you want it to be silent, you would need to keep your phone's media volume muted. It doesn't have to be plugged in.
    Jordan Miera likes this.
    09-06-2015 03:00 AM
    Sweet! Thank you!

One more quick question: does the screen stay on the entire time it's recording a stream?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-06-2015 09:37 AM
    You can turn the volume down and turn the screen off, and it will still record.
    Jordan Miera likes this.
    09-06-2015 12:23 PM