Comparable ITunes App

korsjs

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think I am going to get the ATT Motorola Atrix when it comes out at the end of the month. I want to make sure there is a comparable I Tunes app available for Android.

My main must have is being able to easily import Audiobooks converted from MP3s and play them back at 2X the speed. I convert daily MP3 files into audio book format so I can listen at twice the speed in ITunes Iphone App.

My other must have is being able to subscribe to podcasts and being able to play them back at 2X speed.
Would also like to be able to import Itunes playlist so I do not have to create them again.

Would also prefer one App to do all instead of different ones. However, I am flexible.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
+1 For DoubleTwist. By their WiFi syncing app, its like $5.

DT wont let you do 2x playback though. Maybe WinAmp?

As for syncing podcasts, the best way is to just create a playlist with them in iTunes then sync that playlist over.

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
you're going to be a little let down coming to android for podcasts. That's literally the only thing that let me down (now if I switched back to apple, i'd have a dozen or so let downs coming from android, so it's worth it).

Check this out:

PodShifter - Your podcasts; shifted faster.

that's going to be your best bet. Google listen is my podcast player of choice. I like it. When android media player gets this update, then all of the podcasts will be able to. It's a highly requested feature, so you'll certainly get this eventually, I'd even say within a couple months.

As far as playing different extensions, when you get your phone go to market.android.com and look for a media player that plays the extension. Then hit install and it will wirelessly install to your device! take that iphone!

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I don't see why people need to listen to their podcasts at double speed. But if you absolutely need to, well, a quick search of the market gives me Osplay.
Myself? I use ACast to listen to my Podcasts, and have it hooked into my Listen Subscriptions in Google Reader from when I used to use Listen. Protip: The easiest way to get your iTunes podcast feeds into an Android podcatcher is to expore them as an OMPL file and throw that file into Google Reader.

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I totally see why people listen in 2x, if you listen to a lot of podcasts. You can listen twice the amount in the same amount of time.

osplay looks like it will work! it's not a podcast manager, so you'll need to get one of those, but the player in osplay will speed up. nice find.