REDBOX app now in Android market

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Ok this is nice. I use to have a decent redbox app on my iPhone, but this one is even nicer than redbox insider.

Totally sweet. Thanks for the heads up!!

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Never used RedBox before so excuse the newbie question. Don't you have to go to a Redox location to get a movie? If so, how does the app work?

matrix2004

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Never used RedBox before so excuse the newbie question. Don't you have to go to a Redox location to get a movie? If so, how does the app work?

Just like the website, you can find the nearest locations to where you are and also find the movies you're looking for since not all locations have the same movies. Also you can reserve a movie for pickup later just like the website. Very cool.

ardoreal

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Just like the website, you can find the nearest locations to where you are and also find the movies you're looking for since not all locations have the same movies. Also you can reserve a movie for pickup later just like the website. Very cool.

That's my favorite feature right there. Redbox Insider on iPhone use to give coupon codes too with success rates for each. I'm gonna ask the dev if this is in the works. I prefer this app over RI though, the Redbox account linkup is more straightforward and the process is more hidden from the user. Seems more "it just works" whereas the RI app was crashing and burning all the time.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

Oh nice!! I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for the info.

matrix2004

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
But that's not an official app, it's third party. Just saying I wouldn't trust something that isn't hosted by Netflix without REAL access to my account.

So you're worried about your personal info going to a third party? I guess that a good point. I don't know how third party apps work as far as the info. Anybody?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams