REDBOX app now in Android market

hehfahq

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Not only is Redboxer gone from the market, it also seem to longer function. I can find movies and locations ok, but i can no longer log in to reserve movies. Boo!

artisan

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Any word on this? I am seriously jonesing for redbox functionality on android - did they shut down third party access to their systems?

Huskee

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Why would you pay $1 (even if it is only $1) when you still have to drive to the Redbox anyway? Unless of course, in the world of giant HD TVs, a perosn would want to watch the movie on their 4" or less phone screen....

If it was free, sure, it's free. But $1 is a double cheeseburger for Pete's sake!
Whatever floats your boat people.

anon(109164)

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Save your time and don't even bother with the official Redbox app as it's worth exactly what you pay for it. I previously paid for Redboxer and am now a user of RedReserve (thanks to the dev who refunded my original purchase so I could buy the new app at no charge :)). Redbox should have bought the RedReserve app from DroidSoftDev as it is much more functional then the 'official' app and, even better, actually works.

About the only thing I'd like to see in RedReserve is the ability to see stars on those kiosks/movies flagged as bookmarks when searching through lists of kiosks/movies so you know they're already bookmarked. Otherwise, it works great!

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Save your time and don't even bother with the official Redbox app as it's worth exactly what you pay for it. I previously paid for Redboxer and am now a user of RedReserve (thanks to the dev who refunded my original purchase so I could buy the new app at no charge :)). Redbox should have bought the RedReserve app from DroidSoftDev as it is much more functional then the 'official' app and, even better, actually works.

About the only thing I'd like to see in RedReserve is the ability to see stars on those kiosks/movies flagged as bookmarks when searching through lists of kiosks/movies so you know they're already bookmarked. Otherwise, it works great!

Redreserve is no longer available in the market. I find that the official app was faster. Used redboxer and redreserve in the past.

Courtesy of my fascinated little green robot using Tapatalk.

wbradleyw

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I love Redreserve for my Droid. I lost it when I had to replace me phone. It's no longer in the marjket due to some reason I am not sure of. I would like for the developer to contact me so that I can explore a way to get me favorite App back.

wbradleyw at gee mail dot com

is where you can reach me please

Thanks

blckz28

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I would love to see this app back in the market too. I liked it better than the official app. I have a titanium backup copy of it but who knows how much longer it will work with Redbox's system.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
They need to update the official app with video games (now that they rent those). Other than that, I've been happy with the official one. Granted, I haven't used redreserve.

anon(109164)

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
They need to update the official app with video games (now that they rent those). Other than that, I've been happy with the official one. Granted, I haven't used redreserve.

I've used both and prefer RedReserve, though I just discovered it's no longer available in the market (thank goodness for APK backups!).

I agree that video game rentals should be included and hope to see that in the future!

wildriverdesign.net

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I LOVE RedReserve!! I just switched phones and I'm SICK that I can't get it back. The Dev won't respond to my emails. I WISH RedBox had just bought the app from him, it beats their app hands down. I hate their app, they are not listening!!

BRING BACK RedReserve / RedBoxer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC