How do you pick an app to install?

lions_lair

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Re: how do you pick an app to install?

I start by, looking to see if it's a editors choice. And needs the least permissions. Also reviews.

Sent from my Note3, using, Crapatalk

Kimberly Putney 44

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

Look at the reviews extensively. Google or duckduckgo for top apps in whatever topic of your choosing. Editor's choice..

Posted via the Android Central App

Wendywitch31

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
1. Check stars, must be 4 min. 2 But must be considered according to how many downloads too. Min 100k dnlds & 4 + stars ~ good. But less than 100k with 4 or 5 stars. Not imressive. But like everyone else final decision is in reading reviews.

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

1. Least permissions. For instance... I once had a flash light app that needed access to my contacts.

2. Reviews

3. Does it have a demo or trial.

4. Cost, if any.

5. UIF (user interface friendly)

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

1. Does it really do what I want, do it well and do nothing I don't want? If not, I'll keep looking for better alternatives.

2. Does it have a privacy statement? What does it say? If no statement, that's very iffy and a red flag. If the statement says Bad things it's a deal breaker.

3. Check the requested permissions.

4. Paid or free versions? Does the paid version add features, just eliminate ads or both?

5. General appearance, UI, etc. IOW just the general look, feel and ease of use.

6. Glance through the reviews a bit, but I don't put much emphasis on them. Can't be trusted because so many users simply have no clue.

7. Is the app by one of the companies on my Do Not Install list? If so, instant deal breaker.

Last edited: