It seems that dialer/phone/contact apps just replace the organizing and peripheral interface of the actual phone. The stock phone is pretty but the layout seems inefficient. I've tried one of the better dialer apps (truedialer or dialer+, etc) which was great for customizing the look of contacts and keypad but once I hit "call" it just reverts to the stock android phone app.

What am I missing or doing wrong? Is there a full out replacement for the phone app?
    I know I might be in the minority of people who actually use the phone.

Is there a full replacement for the Phone app/interface?-screenshot_2015-09-15-15-59-27.png
    09-16-2015 10:35 AM
    Funny how your mock up actually looks a lot like Samsung's dialer hehe.

Unfortunately, the only way to fully replace that is by installing a custom ROM that has, in turn, modified the phone app. Like you've tried, all you can do with an unmodified ROM is use 3rd party Contact Managers, Messaging Apps, and Dialers.
    09-16-2015 11:20 AM
    Samsung ya say eh? I've heard of this Sam Sung, nice feller, Chinaman I think.
    I'm probably 1.5 yrs from my next phone, so I'll have to give those a look then, an eternity in tech years.
    By then I'll know more what to look for, I'm still <1yr with a smartphone. May never get around to installing custom ROMs
    Thanks for the info!
    09-17-2015 12:44 PM