Beautiful Widgets update...not good!

MamaBee#AC

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I got quite excited when I noticed today that BW had an update. Since it, however, I found that very light use has drained my battery. Even though it is 2pm and bright outside, I have a moon showing despite the correct time and attempt to switch weather skins.

I have done what BW recommended and uninstalled the app (and all it's addons) and reinstalled it via the market...but I'm still having problems. The only thing that fixed is the ability to change skins again.

It also keeps locking up my phone, then even when I tell it to force close it doesn't.

Help! Any ideas on this?

Last edited:

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i'm having the same battery drain issues. i emailed them, but the response wasnt helpful. i have my weather set to update every 2 hours, but for some reason, its updating much more frequently than that. i cant place how often either, its at least 10-15 minutes! thats causing a major drain on my battery. i've also tried all the above steps to fix it, but no dice. i was hoping the update today was going to fix this, but nope, i'm still draining. it if doesnt fix itself, i may have to quit using it, and thats just no good. :(

Tama-Chan

Developer
Dec 22, 2009
levelupstudio.com
hey,

I am the main dev for Beautiful Widgets. We are trying to reproduce that problem but the widgets always update at the proper time on the test devices.

Anyway today I added some mechanisms to check that the widgets are not executing many times the same action for an event (ie start many weather refresh at the same time). It will be in the 3.3.3 release that we will release soon.

The latest 3.3.2 update was also coming with a few fixes like that, but not too much.
So I hope that this bug will disappear!

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
hey,

I am the main dev for Beautiful Widgets. We are trying to reproduce that problem but the widgets always update at the proper time on the test devices.

Anyway today I added some mechanisms to check that the widgets are not executing many times the same action for an event (ie start many weather refresh at the same time). It will be in the 3.3.3 release that we will release soon.

The latest 3.3.2 update was also coming with a few fixes like that, but not too much.
So I hope that this bug will disappear!

Thanks for the heads up! the last update prior to whatever is coming up seems to have helped a lot. my battery life is back to normal. it still seems however that everytime i open the weather using the weather icon, if i look on the bottom, the last time refreshed is always either the time i opened the app or pretty close. i hope i'm not being dumb and it always did this:confused:, but i dont remember it doing it prior to the last major update. anyway, battery seems good again for now so thanks for looking into it! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude