Google spent a good bit of time showing of Gmail and their other apps during the recent Honeycomb event. And these are great and are the minimum they needed to do for their tablet offering, but I was left wanting more.

I want to be able to be productive on a tablet. I want to make a Xoom (or any other high-end HC tablet) convince me I don't need a new laptop (probably a MacBook Air) later this year. I want a native Google Docs app.

I want to be able to take my tablet to class rather than my laptop on most days. I want to be able to take notes or make spreadsheets or give a presentation without a laptop. I would love to be able to buy a $600 Android tablet over a $1000 MacBook Air as a replacement for my 2007 MacBook Pro. I want Google to help make Android a content creation platform, unlike the content consumption platform that Apple has fostered on the iPad.

Failing that, Microsoft needs to see which direction the winds are blowing and make a tablet version of Office. Give me simplified and easy-to-use versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote that sync via the cloud to Office on the computer and I'll gladly hand over something like $50 for the whole package.

Heck, I would probably even go for a tablet version of DocumentsToGo. Just make it easy to create, edit, and share my documents.

Tablets should be so much more than what they are right now -- devices with large screens built for watching video, reading articles online, and playing games. And with the open nature of the platform, Android is the place for it to start.

Now Verizon, how about those Xoom launch details?
    02-04-2011 04:25 PM
    The good news is that Quickoffice (which I wasn't allowed to film) looked pretty good.
    02-04-2011 05:25 PM
    Yah I got that impression, but I want Google to put at least as much effort behind getting GDocs onto Android as Apple did to get iWork onto iOS.
    02-04-2011 05:29 PM
    I can see the Gdocs app coming some time next year. But don't worry the phone Gdocs can be scaled to the yablet.

also the ipad has tons of content creation apps (most are for art though). The iwork suite is decent
    02-05-2011 04:51 PM
    I can see the Gdocs app coming some time next year. But don't worry the phone Gdocs can be scaled to the yablet.
    I am trying to find a GDocs app in the Android market but can't seem to locate it. Can you please tell me what it is called?
    02-18-2011 11:19 AM