Good day all,

Back in January this year I had a strange message from what's app which was along the lines of "have you updated to what's app version xyz" it was a proper notification tile which when I went into what's app wasn't there...

I have had a similar message from them when it came to my service expiring but that I could click into and pay.

My fear is that this is a virus or malware as I had used torrents (I know)and obviously may have downloaded a virus or two....

And I know that what's app say that they don't message you.

Any help would be appreciated
    09-22-2015 01:17 AM
    Good day all,

Back in January this year I had a strange message from what's app which was along the lines of "have you updated to what's app version xyz" it was a proper notification tile which when I went into what's app wasn't there...

I have had a similar message from them when it came to my service expiring but that I could click into and pay.

My fear is that this is a virus or malware as I had used torrents (I know)and obviously may have downloaded a virus or two....

And I know that what's app say that they don't message you.

Any help would be appreciated
    Yeah I wouldn't pay any attention to those pop up messages, those sound like viruses. You can update your service through the whatsapp app itself.
    09-22-2015 02:41 AM
    Thanks for getting back in touch, would that display the official icon then as I assume it's some form of malware...strangely after just virus scanning the phone it detected a malware threat so I assume it can
    09-22-2015 04:51 AM
    Thanks for getting back in touch, would that display the official icon then as I assume it's some form of malware...strangely after just virus scanning the phone it detected a malware threat so I assume it can
    Hi and welcome to AC yeah it would display the official icon. Best bet would be to perform a factory reset on your device to remove any bugs you might have then install whatsapp fresh and check to see if you need to renew your service.
    09-22-2015 05:04 AM
    And then I got a random what's app message asking about Sun glasses.....from an unknown number
    09-22-2015 05:05 AM
    And then I got a random what's app message asking about Sun glasses.....from an unknown number
    yeah I've had that in the past, just click into the message and it will give you the option to report it and block it.
    09-22-2015 05:20 AM
    Thanks for your help dude, I'll sort out the phone now. Admin You can close this thread now
    the tall guy likes this.
    09-22-2015 05:37 AM