facebook app for droid not wotking at all.

skb0203

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Getting error 102/session key invalid or no longer valid. Anyone have any ideas. Was working then quit about a week ago. Wont access any info wont allow me to upload photos.

white_star_32

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
mine did something like that about a week ago as well, a little different...I couldn't get any notifications. it eventually resolved itself. I'm guessing it was something on facebook's side

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
For the Stock FB app wait 24 hours then try again the error will go away. Use Bloo, best android FB app

I wouldn't say wait 24 as time has nothing to do with it. Simply a issue on Facebook's side and it can work at any time. Yes, they need to fix it. As far as Bloo, I've said it before, mediocre at best.

jchica

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I've had this problem on my Droid for about a week now, but today I figured out how to fix it.

Go to:

-Settings (droid phone settings, not fb settings) -> Applications -> Manage Applications

Once you see the list of Apps, hit the Menu button and choose Filter. Then choose All. Scroll until you find Facebook. Select it, and then on the Facebook App info screen, hit the "Clear data" button.

Once your data is cleared, exit out of all of that and run Facebook. It'll be like the first time you ran it. Enter your email & password, then you'll be up and running again.

hatch.duffy

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
It's probably an issue with FB. At any rate the FB app for Android needs a serious overhaul. I use Bloo as well. Really I use a combination of 3 different things: The native app, blue, and touch.facebook.com Miss being able to just use one app for everything like on my Berry. Still love Android tho!

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Over the weekend I noticed that my status updater wasn't working. I just left it alone and yesterday I noticed it was working again.. I really look forward to a better facebook app to be release because it's so popular. Better push notifications, chat, not having to have to go through the web to read or write a msg.

Maybe I'm asking for a lot but I think it's very reasonable.. I rather use facebook on my ipod touch over my Droid if given the choice. Though don't get me wrong it has gotten better but theres still a long way to go.

patches152

Jan 21, 2010
www.berryaddicted.com
So how do you all do the whole notification thing? Ive been just checking the touch site, but the feed isn't "real time". So now I'm also using the Facebook app to keep up with the peeps. I'd very much like to have one stop shopping. Any suggestions?

infamous3802

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... mine isnt either. I try to log in but i get a message saying "Sorry, and unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later. ([102] Sessions for user with id 100001034410592 are not allowed.) Please help..?

itsmevic

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Here is the fix for this issue: First off what is happening is a synchronization issue with your password. For example, if you de-activated your Facebook account from your Android Facebook application and then you try and re-activate from your Android Facebook application, you may experience this issue:

The fix: (and yes, it was so simple that I totally over-looked it)

1.) Login from your PC or laptop to Facebook.
2.) De-activate your account.
3.) Login from your Android Facebook Application. This will re-activate your account. Everything will be synch'd up then.
4.) Done.

That will synch everything up and you should be able to login from your phone without getting that pesky error message.

donnapem78

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
i deactivated my facebook account on my phone and now it wont let me log back in on my phone. i just keep getting Login Failed! sorry an unexpected error occurred. please try again later [102] sessions eith id 1102941010 are not allowed.my facebook as been activated and it lets me log in fine on the laptop. can anyone help pls :confused:

MobileMadness002

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
i deactivated my facebook account on my phone and now it wont let me log back in on my phone. i just keep getting Login Failed! sorry an unexpected error occurred. please try again later [102] sessions eith id 1102941010 are not allowed.my facebook as been activated and it lets me log in fine on the laptop. can anyone help pls :confused:

Here is the fix for this issue: First off what is happening is a synchronization issue with your password. For example, if you de-activated your Facebook account from your Android Facebook application and then you try and re-activate from your Android Facebook application, you may experience this issue:

The fix: (and yes, it was so simple that I totally over-looked it)

1.) Login from your PC or laptop to Facebook.
2.) De-activate your account.
3.) Login from your Android Facebook Application. This will re-activate your account. Everything will be synch'd up then.
4.) Done.

That will synch everything up and you should be able to login from your phone without getting that pesky error message.

kw seven

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi
Dear Admin
windows 8.1 facebook app for android says login failed sorry an unexpected error occurred, please try again later.
What should we
Thanks

Dexter_Sixx13

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Six years later, and I'd just like to ay thank-you. After a bit of google searching I came across this forum and this post. Saw your reply and decided to give it a whirl. It ended up working (-: . So I'd just like to say thank you for the help and for staving off a lot of frustration lol...if you ever end up seeing this lol. Though even if you don't if someone else is out there googling this problem and stumbles across this, well folks, try this I implore you!

Thanks Again!

Enjoy.

Talking about 'JChica' post (#7): (as Follows)

-I've had this problem on my Droid for about a week now, but today I figured out how to fix it.

Go to:

-Settings (droid phone settings, not fb settings) -> Applications -> Manage Applications

Once you see the list of Apps, hit the Menu button and choose Filter. Then choose All. Scroll until you find Facebook. Select it, and then on the Facebook App info screen, hit the "Clear data" button.

Once your data is cleared, exit out of all of that and run Facebook. It'll be like the first time you ran it. Enter your email & password, then you'll be up and running again.-

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech