I am at the point where I have to start worrying about managing my storage capacity. I noticed that the largest app I have is "com.htc.socialnetwork.provider"...by a long shot. What is it, and what does it do?
    02-05-2011 10:04 PM
    I am at the point where I have to start worrying about managing my storage capacity. I noticed that the largest app I have is "com.htc.socialnetwork.provider"...by a long shot. What is it, and what does it do?
    that's bloat. you can't remove it, unless you're rooted. any senseless ROM wouldn't include that. it manages your social networking widgets that came with the device that you probably never use.
    02-06-2011 01:38 AM
    if you're out of storage space, and you really can't part with anything (i'm assuming you've moved things to SD card?), then you better look at rooting so you can remove all of that crap you don't need.
    02-06-2011 01:39 AM
    Thanks folks. I'm still on 2.1, so I can't move things to the SD card. I have an Aria, so I must not have much to begin with. I'm at the point that I would have to cut out critical apps like tweetdeck, weather channel, Angry Birds to continue to have space.

In the apps section, the com.htc.social... has a button to "clear data". I wonder what would happen if I were to just clear all the data?
    02-07-2011 09:31 AM
    i'd like to know the same. Would it get rid of the link between your contacts and facebook (pictures etc)? What settings might be affected? I like having my contact pictures updated with facebook and the status updates below them, i dont care about twitter. I use the facebook app, and tweetdeck, so i only care about the contact syncing.
    02-07-2011 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD