iheartradio UPDATED!

Magnious

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
It seems that the people at Clear Channel has finally listened to the outpouring of comments that Android users have been calling for. PLEASE FIX THIS APP! Well today they launched a new update! I've personally used it on my Droid, and it seems to be working just fine. Some comments I have read say that there may still be some bugs. I for one, and really happy to finally have this app in "working" order. Maybe they will listen to our next cry...Widget Please! :eek:

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't work with Froyo...

FWIW I am on FroYo and it is working fine for me as far as the application running etc... It is having problems actually connecting to the servers though. It just says connecting but never seems to. The question really is, is this a FroYo or server issue?

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If an app's main fuction is to play music and it's not playing music, then it's not working fine. ;)

It's a froyo issue.

Last edited:

Sundown

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
It's not a Froyo issue. I've been running Froyo for several weeks (BBv.04) on my D1 and use IHR frequently with no problems. Must be a user issue.

bwaldron

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
FWIW I am on FroYo and it is working fine for me as far as the application running etc... It is having problems actually connecting to the servers though. It just says connecting but never seems to. The question really is, is this a FroYo or server issue?

I'm using Froyo on a Moto Droid -- just tested it and the few stations I have tried are playing fine (over wifi). I don't use this app much, though...only for those Clear Channel stations I can't get through RadioTime.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If an app's main fuction is to play music and it's not playing music, then it's not working fine. ;)

It's a froyo issue.

Yes but you said it doesn't work on FroYo which may be mis-information. We now seem to have established that it works fine on FroYo for some. I guess more testing is needed though.

Not a big deal, I just like to make sure that proper information is out there as much as possible. i:Di

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
From reading on other forums it was pretty clear that the froyo update rendered the iHeart app worthless, so it's not a "user" issue.

bwaldron

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
From reading on other forums it was pretty clear that the froyo update rendered the iHeart app worthless, so it's not a "user" issue.

All I can say is that it's working fine for me w/ the Froyo update (Droid, non-rooted), so it isn't worthless here. I only use it for news/talk type stations, though -- maybe music stations are giving it trouble?

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

I am sure they will update it either way. I rarely use it anyway i:Di

EDIT: I un-installed and reinstalled this and it works fine. I didn't think it was a FroYo issue.

Last edited:

objectuser

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
This morning I noticed that my battery went from 100% to 65% in 3 hours. It's never drained that fast for me. Then I noticed a notification with a heart by it. It was from iheartradio. I went into the app and used the quit menu, but that didn't stop it. So I opened up the task killer and killed it. Now my battery usage has returned to normal.

Contemplating an uninstall at this point.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Check out the comments at the Android Market for this app. Lot of unhappy campers since Froyo caused the app to become unusable on the EVO's.