ProShot - DSLR camera app that does everything, on sale for $0.99

RiseUpGames

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Screenshot_2015-09-17-16-46-55.jpg

Hi all,

I'm the developer of ProShot, and I've been working really hard to make the best, most feature-packed camera app possible on Android. ProShot was built to offer a huge range of options and customizations, even if your device doesn't have full camera2 API support. It's on sale now :) Questions, feedback, and requests are welcome!

Features

• Full manual control in both photo and video modes (even during video recording)
  • JPEG, JPEG+RAW, RAW shooting modes
  • Dedicated Light Painting mode
  • Video up to 4K (3840x2160)
  • Selectable video resolution, frame rate, and bitrate
  • Camera roll with EXIF seamlessly integrated into the viewfinder
  • Live histogram
  • Customizable aspect ratios
  • MF Assist
  • Level and grid overlays
  • Unique and powerful UI, inspired by Gundams
  • Set JPEG compression, noise reduction, custom save location and so much more

Demo available at: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.riseupgames.proshot_free2&token=5KCyRwYm

Edit
Now updated with Android 5.0 support!
Added Light Painting mode
Huge new optimizations to UI, camera roll, shot-to-shot times, and more

Captured with the new Light Painting Mode
ProShot_20151019_193618 (1).jpg

Last edited:

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
They have a free demo available in the play store if you'd like to try it out before purchasing. It sounds interesting I'll play with if and purchase if I like it, and will forward on to my contacts.

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk

anon(12803)

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried out your app today (looks great and seems to be pretty fast) but I noticed that it suffers from the same type of lock up as most of the other apps which support RAW files does. After about 8 shots in a row the preview will freeze with the last image taken or it will start to get a jitter to it. If you close the app and go back its seems to be fine again for about the same number of shots.

Any idea why?

Verizon Galaxy S6 on the current release of 5.1.1

RiseUpGames

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
They have a free demo available in the play store if you'd like to try it out before purchasing. It sounds interesting I'll play with if and purchase if I like it, and will forward on to my contacts.

Sent from my DROID Turbo64 via Tapatalk

Thanks, I totally forgot to include a demo link :)

I tried out your app today (looks great and seems to be pretty fast) but I noticed that it suffers from the same type of lock up as most of the other apps which support RAW files does. After about 8 shots in a row the preview will freeze with the last image taken or it will start to get a jitter to it. If you close the app and go back its seems to be fine again for about the same number of shots.

Any idea why?

Verizon Galaxy S6 on the current release of 5.1.1

Unfortunately, this seems to be an issue with the S6's firmware, as it does not happen on a Nexus 5 nor an LG G4.
I've profiled the memory and CPU usage on an S6 while capturing 8+ RAW files, and everything remains very low, so it looks like it's something Samsung needs to fix :/

Quickest workaround is to hit the "all apps" button and then return to ProShot

Robby Robb

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a s6 edge + so im guessing I prob have the same issue but I'll support the app I'm sure this isn't the end of the world :)

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(12803)

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I totally forgot to include a demo link :)

Unfortunately, this seems to be an issue with the S6's firmware, as it does not happen on a Nexus 5 nor an LG G4.
I've profiled the memory and CPU usage on an S6 while capturing 8+ RAW files, and everything remains very low, so it looks like it's something Samsung needs to fix :/

Quickest workaround is to hit the "all apps" button and then return to ProShot

I did discover that little trick today too. I really like the app....works great. I figured it was probably a device issue as I don't recall seeing the issue with the Note 5 or Nexus 6 when I tried them. Thank you for the quick response!

halfnelson

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Maybe this should be obvious... under the "Camera options" settings, what does "LEVEL" do? (Choices are "LEVEL", not highlighted, "LEVEL 1", highlighted, and "LEVEL 2", highlighted.) I don't see anything about it in the manual and I cannot figure it out.

Also, I just restarted the app and all my highlights went from green to blue. Is that just a new version of the app, or does that color mean something?

This is a very nice app, but the manual does not cover everything.

Vishal Mohandas

May 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I've used proshot on windowsphones. So I am very excited to use it on my G4.

Any possibility for manual exposure controls on the front camera..?
At least exposure compensation and metering mode.

Also, will a future update add options to adjust sharpness, saturation, contrast etc. before firing a shot..? (for shooting in jpeg's)
A metering mode could also be of great help.

Thanks

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I own and have used ProShot, mostly on Windows phones. I love its controls. When I got my Nexus 5X I thought I would immediately start using ProShot, but I did my usual due diligence and shot the same scenes using both the native camera app and ProShot. I then opened the images and enlarged various areas to compare details, exposure, sharpness, etc. side by side. There are differences in image quality between various camera apps--big differences! I have not yet found an app that comes close to the image quality delivered by the native app. ProShot is better than some, but not equal to the native app. The native app is faster, provides better exposure latitude in contrasty scenes (dark areas show detail lost on other apps), and the images appear to be sharper and in better focus. I see the same issues with Camera FV-5--great controls, but image quality suffers. Why?

Just two examples of what I am seeing. These are significant crops from larger photos taken at the same time from distances that should not have required focus adjustment. Top one is ProShot and bottom is the native app.
ProShotDoor_zpshulcbbrp.png
CameraDoor_zpsqwakcxrx.png

Last edited:

Ten Four

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Here's another quick example indicating the difference in exposure latitude. Is this because of differences in how HDR is triggered? Again, big blow ups of portions of the same scene. The top one is ProShot the bottom is the native Camera.
ProShot_zpss7qyutmr.png
Camera_zpsso5exlc5.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae