App to lock kids out of changing settings

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I let my kids play with my phone all the time -- it's become a "reward" for them sometimes, they enjoy it so much. But so far, I've had my auto-correct changed to Spanish, and the volume on my alarm turned off (found that out at 7:46 Monday morning!), in addition to some new "contacts". Is there an app that I can activate that allows access to only the locations/apps that I specify and blocks all others?

I've seen Toddler Lock, but it appears to lock all apps/functions and let you use only it. I'm looking for something that allows me to choose what apps the kids can access and everything else is basically locked.

o2bnclemson

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Easy - they can't break it, it's easy and fun, and it keeps them occupied. And the Eris, which is what I have, was only $99. There's even some good educational apps out there for younger kids (toddlers), so I can't imagine there's not an app out there for this need. If not - hopefully a developer will see this and create one. It can't be too hard....

billbobaggins

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I let my kids play with my phone all the time -- it's become a "reward" for them sometimes, they enjoy it so much. But so far, I've had my auto-correct changed to Spanish, and the volume on my alarm turned off (found that out at 7:46 Monday morning!), in addition to some new "contacts". Is there an app that I can activate that allows access to only the locations/apps that I specify and blocks all others?

I've seen Toddler Lock, but it appears to lock all apps/functions and let you use only it. I'm looking for something that allows me to choose what apps the kids can access and everything else is basically locked.[/

The app is called "Don't let your kids play with cell phones".
And yes they can break your phone.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I never let my kids play with my phone unless they are sitting with me, just get them their own electronic i.e. DS, leap frog learning game, PSP.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I have to agree with the posts above, no reason to let children play with your device for the same reason you made this thread, they mess stuff up.