I use my YouTube app while on a cellular connection all the time and it has no problems loading HD videos 720p and above.

However when i'm at home on wifi they don't load for crap. Nothing else i have takes long to load. I even play on my PS4 with the wireless connection and i never have any lagging connection issues. But when trying to load a YouTube video on my Phone or Tablet I'd have to wait about 20 minutes (probably) to watch a 2 minute video.

My speed (tested on Speedtest app) is getting around 17 Mbps down which should be more than enough to load an HD YouTube video.

Is there something i can change in the app or on my phone or tablet? I've tried doing a hard reset of the device, clearing the cache partition, deleting the YouTube app and reinstalling, resetting the app to factory then re-updating. Nothing that I've tried works.
    10-13-2015 09:42 AM
    Review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html. Check your router to see if there are any QoS settings turned on. Also see what kind of congestion there is of the wi-fi channels around you, using Wi-fi Analyzer.
    10-13-2015 12:41 PM
    Review this guide: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html. Check your router to see if there are any QoS settings turned on. Also see what kind of congestion there is of the wi-fi channels around you, using Wi-fi Analyzer.
    Again this is not a WiFi problem. My only issue is loading youtube videos. All other activities on my WiFi work speedy and flawlessly.
    10-25-2015 10:13 PM
    But it does seem to be related to wi-fi itself, so I would still consider it a wi-fi problem. QoS on a router might potentially cause this if it's placing the device's connection on a lower priority.

You could also try changing the DNS server. The Ultimate Guide to Changing Your DNS Server
    10-28-2015 11:12 PM