Beejive vs Trillian

ghostyroasty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been contemplating one of these two clients due to the push abilities of both. I tried trillian fora bit but could not set one account to be invisible and another online... Just wondering if someone has tried both and had an opinion or preference.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I used both on BlackBerry. I ended up using Trillian over BeeJive mainly for battery life. I'm not sure how push works with BeeJive on Android, but it would still us some battery on BB. I'm pretty sure you have to have BeeJive running to stay logged in.

With Trillian, I can suspend the application, which closes the app completely on my SGS, but keeps me logged in on their server. If someone tries to contact me, I get a message and just need to start Trillian again to go into the conversation. So, I can be logged in and not use any battery power (unless I am actually using the app).

JayL

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
wait we are comparing these two based on blackberry users?

I have used both on my android Evo and they give similar battery life if you enable google push
I prefer beejive interface

ghostyroasty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses thus far... I like Trillian, but like I put before, I want to be able to individually control that statuses.. Have one offline or invisible, and the other accounts online.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Push requires 2.2, so us still stuck on 2.1 don't get true push. For me, it's one of the reasons I stay with Trillian (since it doesn't have to be running to stay logged on).

Smokexz

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I like Trillian, it may not have copy and paste but the UI is nice and it is very fast in receiving messages.

Sent from my Nexus S

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01