Meebo or ebuddy

envoynv

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering if you guys can help me decide between Meebo and ebuddy. What is everyone else using and why?

barkerja

Aug 31, 2009
Visit site
Personally I just use the standard google talk app, but I would say meebo as I've heard that ebuddy consumed quite a bit of battery (that's liable to have been fixed since I last heard though).

vbsoulpole

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I use eBuddy, but only because when I installed Meebo they were having some registration issues so I ditched it for eBuddy. So I can't really compare. As far as battery issues are concerned, I've done days where I leave it running all day and compared to days when I don't use it at all and havent noticed much of a difference. I still get a good 12+ hours with it running nonstop.

hatch.duffy

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I used eBuddy. Meebo seemed to signed me out a lot. I don't use the stock GTalk app because the address I use as my droid's sign-in is not the same address I use for google talk. Hopefully they will enable the native app to be able to login with a different account, kind of like they did with Google Voice.

Ginbill

Oct 30, 2009
ohhjohn.tumblr.com
Definitely eBuddy. Meebo signs me out all the time and sometimes it won't even tell me. :/ my friend just starts texting me "why did you leave?" lmao

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I have used both, and I still with Meebo. I tried eBuddy, and I liked the interface more, but I noticed that it kills my battery. I stay signed into 3 accounts on Meebo all day, and my battery lasts all day while using the app to talk to multiple people. However, I have noticed that Meebo doesn't always seemlessly switch from 3G to WiFi. Sometimes when I switch over when I get home, it signs me out.

Yahma

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I use Meebo on my Nexus One. I haven't noticed any significant battery drain by leaving it logged in all day. I do prefer the interface on Meebo vs the one on eBuddy. The Meebo chat seems to use the limited space of the display more effectively.

One interesting client I really liked was Nimbuzz. It even allows for VOIP calls with your Gtalk buddies; however, it has one MAJOR flaw... it cannot sleep the display while in use. Once they fix that issue, I'd probably choose Nimbuzz.

weirdkid

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I haven't tried Meebo, but a few things on eBuddy that I might need some clarification on. When I first change my status on eBuddy it keeps setting me to Away, I tried changing it back to Online but it keeps changing back to Away. Is it suppose to be like that? This is with AIM by the way.
Another thing is, does eBuddy lag anyone's phone? I use the mytouch and it lags my phone quite a bit.