Lookout virus?

cvl107

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I was just in the Sprint store yesterday and one of the people helping me told me to remove Lookout because it had a virus. This is the first I had heard anything about that and didn't know if anyone else had heard that and if so what do you use to protect your android?

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't heard out, and am skeptical. If it is true and is well-known enough that hourly help at a retail store know about it, we should be hearing about it in the news, and the Lookout folks should be posting a patch.

I'm admittedly slightly skeptical about Android anti virus software at this time, but I'm leaving Lookout on my EVO till I hear something definite.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk

mezatown

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I know the virus that was on lookout was related to downloading Alps in the Chinese android market and never really made it to the UsA

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
There wasn't a virus in lookout that I know of. Lookout has detected viruses but it is not a virus. Unless the representative has proof to show that his statement holds true, do not take his bit of info to heart. Their have been members on this forum who have said that reps told them to put a task killer on their phone, which we all know that is a big no-no.

I use lookout and have used it for a little less than a year with no problems at all.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cvl107

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
No problem man. Most (not all) of the sales people in cellphone stores do not know anything near what the people in this forum know. They know how to sell and how to get people to react with emotion (impulse buying) but you can't blame them because that's how they pay their bills.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
The rep probably miss understood that what really happened is Lookout found a virus, not that is has one.

In general (exceptions noted) the sales reps are very bright.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz