Hi everyone, total noob here.

I need to plan my workload a week to a view, with no appointment times or durations - just tasks assigned to days. Ideally I'd have an 8-cell view, giving me 7 days plus 'unassigned tasks'. I'd drag and drop the tasks to the days I plan to do them. When completed I could move (or copy) the task to a few weeks later for repeat or follow-up work.

Even more ideally it'd be clearly labelled with week numbers.

I know there are a million calendar / task manager apps, and they are all infinitely configurable, so I'd really appreciate some help!
    11-01-2015 08:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Tasks is a simple app, but it might work for you. You can add tasks and assign them a due date, and easily change that due date (although it isn't by dragging and dropping). But an added advantage is that these tasks get populated in a dedicated Google Calendar called Tasks, since it syncs with the mostly forgotten Google Tasks function that is associated with Gmail and Google Calendar.
    11-02-2015 01:16 AM
    Thanks B. Diddy, for the welcome and for the suggestion.

I didn't have any luck with Tasks, it threw up sync errors right from the start - possibly because I don't have any Google stock yet, other than the new gmail address?

I got carried away and downloaded a stack of other task and calendar apps to try and break - and I think DigiCal is going to change my life! My home screen is now a full screen scrollable weekly agenda, with the weather forecast on each day which is pretty cool as a lot of my work is outside. I have the app set to open in the day view when I tap any day, so I can easily 'drill in' to edit specific tasks then just home button it back to the weekly agenda. I can book follow-ups for x number of weeks by just changing the task date.

I do have to enter a time for each task, and I don't have an 'unscheduled' task bin for the week, but I can work around that. Re-using my tasks saves a lot of data entry anyway.

This Android thing is pretty fricking awesome...
    11-03-2015 02:34 AM
    I use Task & Notes, Business Calendar 2 and DigiCal. All of them have pretty good support on their web sites and will reply to questions although it may take a week or so to reply. Also BC2 and DigiCal have fairly active Google+ groups too in the G+ communities.

Right now for my daily use I am mainly using the paid version of BC2, it has some full screen widgets I like to use on my Note3. All three of the developers send out updates every few months so they seem to maintain the apps.
    11-03-2015 09:07 AM