Should I use a Nova Prime or TSF shell?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Should i use nova prime or tsf shell???

it all comes down to personal preference, out of the two I would choose Nova. I also like Action Launcher 3.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Never heard about the TSF launcher before. I've been using Nova for two years and never had a problem,but as The Tall Guy said is about personal preferences. Most launchers let you import your setup to make things easier, so play around with them and see which one suits your needs better.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I have been in the hand held devise business since 1997 with the Palm IIIx series. So far launcher’s/UI’s leap frog each other every 20-28 months and for 2H15 my work a day launcher is Nova 4.x.

I keep six to eight of the most popular launchers on my Note 3, Next Launcher 3D Shell, Nova, Apex. Etc. For me as a power business user I need the productivity of ToDo List, Calendar, other widgets, etc. that Nova supports. My number of home screens vary from 15 – 20# depending if I am trying out some new software or not. I also use Next 3D mainly on weekends it is just over the top for customization. Next is also fast and always stable.

Next has a 2D and 3D environment. Nova is only 2D Comparing 2D vs 2D Nova gets the nod, the 3D side of Next is another step in the UI world but it uses the same menu and navigation structure as the 2D side. Some of the 3D aficionados would not even consider a launcher with only a 2D side. Even though I can’t use it during the work week the 3D animations, pets, etc are amazing and stable.

I tend to measure productivity of a launcher in terms of getting the maximum information with the fewest number of swipes or clicks. So I set up full screen widgets on 6 of 15 separate home screens for email, full month calendar and meetings. You can swipe to different month’s right from the widget. Next also has a Side Slider bar to move from home screen to home screen. The Side Slider bar also has a pop up menu in it which can be very convenient. Next also has several pages of exclusive widgets which I find productive, unfortunately I am not able to take advantage of all the widgets because with the apps and folders I have and the 2 home screens for testing 9 home screens is not enough. I think Nova 4.1.0 Beta3 has unlimited home screens, this is a very productive feature to have.

Another benefit is Next gives you 7 Dock Rows, Nova gives you 5 Dock Rows.

Bottom Line:
- Next 3D Shell is fast, stable, has 2D and 3D environments. It used to be my everyday Launcher, but……..
- Nova has leap frogged Next. As of now the versions are super fast and stable enough. With the 15 home screens it can crash 3-6 times per day but it comes right back up in 1-2 sec. It is extremely impressive.

Your mileage may vary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1