Launcher Pro Help Please before I brick something...

asuwookie

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Using launcher pro plus for a couple of weeks now - noticed today that sense was still running. so I cleared the sense data cache and did a manual force stop. Thought I needed something on a folder so restarted sense ....when I did I couldn't get back to launcher pro. I did another force stop of sense which seemed to resolve the issue. Was playing around with a widget which caused a force close of the widget but lost launcher pro again. No not matter what I do I can't get back into launcher pro. According to running apps launcher pro is running.

Any help or suggestions?

irish22022

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
why would sense not be running? They call them home replacements, but unless you're rooted and took measures to do so, sense will always be on your phone and will always be running. launcher pro just runs over the top. Clearing sense cache and data cleared launcher pro as well (as launcher pro needs the stock launcher to operate, LPP is just a mask for the launcher, it's not a ROM...).

Just reinstall, and don't do that again :) Clear off your sense widgets, and don't worry about what runs with sense - it won't matter.

Doc

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Try installing "Home Switcher". This should let you get back to using Launcher Pro. Note that it comes in Froyo and non Froyo version.

Doc

asuwookie

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all of your help and suggestions. I'm a daily lurker here on the boards and try to only ask for help when I get really stuck but usually find an answer shortly thereafter. Yes I look before posting.

I went with the home switcher app shortly after posting but learned something through that process. For the non-rooted incredible at least...

I was using the home button as my "home switcher" when I didn't have a default set. When I forced stopped sense and then sense restarted it went back to factory reset of sense being the default home screen. Go to manage apps and "clear defaults" at the bottom for all your launchers - if there is no default set then the home button will always act as a switcher.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz