Is there a good birthday app on Android?

hopfrog

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I can be a little absent-minded about remembering people's birthdays, so I'd really like to have an application to help me remember when these are coming up. However, I can't seem to find a birthday reminder app on Android that will do all three things I consider necessary for this type of application.

Here are the three basic things I need in a birthday app (it's the third item that is missing from the apps I've seen):

1) I should be able to import a list of birthdays from Facebook, and also add new ones manually.

2) I should be able to receive reminders about these birthdays.

3) I should be able to choose how many reminders I will get for each birthday, and when I will get them. For most of my Facebook friends, I'll want zero reminders, but for some I want to reminded a week or more beforehand, so that I can shop for and mail a card, present, etc. Then, maybe remind me a day beforehand again, in case I've forgotten.

So, are there any birthday apps that will allow you to customize your reminders for individuals in your birthday list? This seems like such a common-sense feature, yet I can't seem to find this feature in apps like My Birthdays or EboBirthdays.

Thanks for any help.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I use the calendar. Family and friends I set reminders 5 days out and make it "recurring" annually forever. When the first reminder hits, I "snooze" it to remind me again in 3 days (or 2 days...or whatever). I keep doing that til I don't need to be reminded any more.

Facebook is another issue...if you want a reminder I don't think you can change the facebook populated appointments.

Reactions: hopfrog