Messaging (SMS and MMS) app that can also be used with computer

NBCGLX

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm still a recovering iOS user and one of the things I miss most about iOS is the ability to message people directly from my computer in addition to my phone. In search of an app that offers similar functionality, I've been using mySMS to some degree of success. It works, but has freakouts once in a while (e.g., double messages, etc.) and often gets hung up with group messaging/MMS messaging. Are there alternatives that offer similar functionality; i.e., the ability to text via phone or computer?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try MightyText. You don't even have to use their app for texting, just install it and you can keep using your texting app of choice. Or you can text from their web app on any browser, via their stand alone PC app, via Chrome Extension, or even use another Chrome Extension to text from within GMail and/or Facebook. They even offer a tablet app to let you text from your tablet, as long as your phone is turned on and has a signal.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
No problem! It's not nearly as seamless as iMessage (one of the things I do praise on iOS), but most of the time it gets the job done.

Oh, and while it's not as versatile for 'remote' texting as MightyText, you can try SideSync if you have a Samsung phone. Their advantage is that you can do more than just texting, and you can also see your phone's screen mirrored on the computer and use it as if you were using the phone itself, sharing mouse/keyboard with it and you can transfer files too. If you have a Samsung Tablet, it works there too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez