Issues Installing/Updating Facebook App

Its_Jahmezz

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (Android 5.1.1).

I have recently started having trouble with the Facebook App (go figure).

The issue is twofold. First whenever there is an update available for the app, it seems to stay stuck in the “installing” status forever. It has attempted to update the app for over 30 minutes one time before giving me the error message, Error 504 which is a Timeout error I believe. I also have seen it just stay in the Installing issue and I just gave up and restart my phone.

I’ve went through every step that Google Play offers and eventually something ends up working.

What is REALLY weird about this is usually in the midst of my frustration with this I just go ahead and uninstall and determine that I’ll reinstall the app later. Then later that day I either reboot the phone or shut it off while at an appointment and when I reboot the phone, guess what app is sitting there staring me in the face again? You guessed it, the Facebook App!!

This issue has happened when I tried downloading directly from the Google Play store and also from a PC Desktop.

The second issue I am experiencing with this LOVELY App is moving it to my SD card. Pretty much the same scenario, it attempts to move, and the errors out.

To clarify I can download and update other apps including the Facebook Messenger App without any of these issues.

Is this something I am doing wrong? Or is this something that can be corrected?

I’ve also went through every Troubleshooting suggestion that the play store offers. Usually I once I get through a few of these the App will install and I’ll get the app to move, but at the next update, back to the same issue.

VERY Frustrating!! :mad:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is related, but S6 Active users have been finding that the current Facebook version on Google Play Store is incompatible, apparently because of some bugs found specifically when using it with that phone. I haven't seen much about the Core Prime, but maybe this is similar.

Try going to the App Manager, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now try again.

Last edited:

Its_Jahmezz

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is related, but S6 Active users have been finding that the current Facebook version on Google Play Store is incompatible, apparently because of some bugs found specifically when using it with that phone. I haven't seen much about the Core Prime, but maybe this is similar.

Try going to the App Manage, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager. Now try again.

Hi B. Diddy. Yeah I've done that. I can usually get the app to update/install once I go through some kind of process like this. Problem is I then have to do it at the next update. Given they "update" the app almost weekly, this is a hassle. It also doesn't address the moving of the app to the SD card.

Currently, I am using the Mobile Site :-\. I wish Facebook Lite was compatible with my phone I'd use that.

Huggabug

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (Android 5.1.1).

I have recently started having trouble with the Facebook App (go figure).

The issue is twofold. First whenever there is an update available for the app, it seems to stay stuck in the “installing” status forever. It has attempted to update the app for over 30 minutes one time before giving me the error message, Error 504 which is a Timeout error I believe. I also have seen it just stay in the Installing issue and I just gave up and restart my phone.

I’ve went through every step that Google Play offers and eventually something ends up working.

What is REALLY weird about this is usually in the midst of my frustration with this I just go ahead and uninstall and determine that I’ll reinstall the app later. Then later that day I either reboot the phone or shut it off while at an appointment and when I reboot the phone, guess what app is sitting there staring me in the face again? You guessed it, the Facebook App!!

This issue has happened when I tried downloading directly from the Google Play store and also from a PC Desktop.

The second issue I am experiencing with this LOVELY App is moving it to my SD card. Pretty much the same scenario, it attempts to move, and the errors out.

To clarify I can download and update other apps including the Facebook Messenger App without any of these issues.

Is this something I am doing wrong? Or is this something that can be corrected?

I’ve also went through every Troubleshooting suggestion that the play store offers. Usually I once I get through a few of these the App will install and I’ll get the app to move, but at the next update, back to the same issue.

VERY Frustrating!! :mad:

I have the same phone and having issues witj Facebook also. Keeps telling me unfortunately Facebook has stopped. Can't even get on. Tried unintelligible and reinstalling but didn't work. Also tried antivirus still nothing. Very very frustrating

Last edited by a moderator:

bellapuppa

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsumg Galaxy Prime Corp. 4 days ago, Facebook app started giving me the "unfortunately, facebook as stopped...." I have tried everything, uninstall, install, clear data, report it, etc.

Any other suggestions? I even left it uninstalled for 2 days and tried reinstalling. Same message. :'(

Jeannine Lavin

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
I am having same issue all of sudden facebook stopped working on my samsung core prime phone and keep getting message when I download it that it stopped working can anyone help or suggest what I can do this is terrible.

Me too!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyrizz Kydd

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I have been having the same issue with FB not loading for 3 days now. The issue started after my phone did whatever software update it told me it needed. I have literally done EVERYTHING, including a factory reset, & nothing is working. What's the deal, Samsung?! Way to encourage people to buy another brand!!!

Smorgan2106

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I have been having the same issue with FB not loading for 3 days now. The issue started after my phone did whatever software update it told me it needed. I have literally done EVERYTHING, including a factory reset, & nothing is working. What's the deal, Samsung?! Way to encourage people to buy another brand!!!

The same exact thing is happening with my phone. I was going to factory reset my phone as well thinking that would help. But I guess not! 😞

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49