Launcher/App that lets one of the homescreens be an app?

ATWindsor

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site
Launcher/App that lets one of the homescreens be an app.

I have a Nexus 7-tablet I use as a remote, I only use the same two apps 99% of the time (one to control my media-center, and one to control my home), so i would like to have a regular homescreen (with icons, widgets and so on), and the two apps to be a "homescreen", so i can just swipe left or right to change between the "regular homescreen" and these two apps. Does anybody have a suggestion for a launcher or app that can help me do this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Launcher/App that lets one of the homescreens be an app.

Welcome to Android Central! How about tapping the Recent Apps button, then tapping the app you want to switch to? If you're only using those two apps, there won't be a whole lot of other recent apps to sort through.

ATWindsor

Nov 22, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the tip, I have considered it as a fall-back-solution, but in practice it is a good bit more hassle, because you have to do "housekeeping" each time you use one of the other apps, and you have to do more clicks, and also choose between the two apps (instead for for instace swipe left and right from the "regular homescreen") But I don't know if it is even possible to manipulate the homescreen in that way.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

You definitely can't do what you're hoping for with the stock Google Now launcher. LG's Slide Aside feature is probably what you're looking for, but that's specific to LG devices.

One possible workaround is the SwipePad app.