Hi everyone!

I have a question for you but first my problem: I really take a lot of pictures wherever I go (the general advice “don’t take so much then” is not very helpful by the way), but afterwards I never take the time to sort any of them out. Now my question: are there any apps that could help me getting rid of loads of pictures (like deleting duplicates or one that gives me a good overview of my stock)?
    11-28-2015 10:00 AM
    I like "Piktures" by Diune
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...diune.pictures

The thumbnail view of the gallery will help seeing the similar pictures taken at the same time.
    11-28-2015 02:59 PM
    What I use very often these times is the Rat Pack Challenge app, it helps me to sort out my photos, I like the usability, its easy to handle and has a hamster inside.
    tracy wilson6 likes this.
    11-29-2015 01:14 PM
    I like "Piktures" by Diune

The thumbnail view of the gallery will help seeing the similar pictures taken at the same time.
    Love it. Only missing Dropbox integration, which is really important for me since it has most of what is needed to customize my phone, as well as sharing stuff from my desktop PC. I don't want to look for a replacement but will sadly have to if this doesn't happen soon .
    11-30-2015 05:11 AM
    Quickpic is nive and light application for managing photos
    11-30-2015 10:46 AM
    ManiacJoe: Oh great, so “Piktures” is like a “duplicate cleaner” for Android? The Dropbox lack could be a slight problem for me though (thx mimran!).
    lullabyss: Yesterday I took a look at the “Rat Pack Challenge” too, isn’t it basically more a game than an application?
    Chiragchitvan: I also like “Quickpic” and it gets better by every update!
    12-02-2015 06:24 AM
    ManiacJoe: Oh great, so “Piktures” is like a “duplicate cleaner” for Android?
    Not sure where you would get that idea.
    I just said that the thumbnail view would help with seeing similar pictures.
    12-03-2015 03:12 AM
    Bernd: Still have a look at RPC quite funny it is to play! And yes more like a game, you get points when you sort our your photos.
    mimran: Dropbox integration isa must for me in those times, makes everything much more easy for anybody.
    12-28-2015 04:13 PM
    ManiacJoe: Alright, thanks though. I will try it.
    Lullabyss: To be honest I'm using the Rat Pack Challenge more and more since you recommended it. It's a really funny way to sort out pictures. The little hamster makes me happy. I really like the fact that you that you get points for deleting some photos. But what I didn't get so far is what happens next. What can you do with the prizes?
    12-29-2015 05:05 AM
    For example mark them and have the chance to spread it via social medias like facebook and stuff. But best thing is of course that get more free spaces on your mobile advice.
    12-29-2015 08:05 AM
    Thank you very much again for this awesome tip :-). I'm really into the Rat Pack Challenge right now. It helps a lot and my smartphone stays tidy and clean.
    01-13-2016 08:40 AM
    Did u saw it - the hamster now has a name! arnold is his name! Hahaha - true Austrian Export!
    Thumbnail view is a good tip anyways to see like if theres a lot of duplicates, I more do this on my pc sometimes.
    01-14-2016 12:59 PM
    The problem with Piktures is that it takes 5 seconds for it to load my pictures after I open the App.

I am quite satisfied with Quickpic and use Foldersync to upload folder wise to OneDrive.
    01-23-2016 02:38 AM
    The problem with Piktures is that it takes 5 seconds for it to load my pictures after I open the App.

I am quite satisfied with Quickpic and use Foldersync to upload folder wise to OneDrive.
    Is that five seconds to read from OneDrive?

Piktures reading from my SD card is really quick on my G4.
    01-23-2016 08:56 PM
    Is that five seconds to read from OneDrive?

Piktures reading from my SD card is really quick on my G4.
    Nope.

Files which are locally stored. Around 5k pictures.
    01-24-2016 06:21 AM
    Why don't you transfer all your pics to computer and remove the duplicate images, it will hardly takes few seconds.
    01-24-2016 07:32 AM
    Nope.

Files which are locally stored. Around 5k pictures.
    How many different folders are those 5000 pictures stored in?
    If they are all in one folder, you will see degraded performance from the file system with that many files in one folder.
    01-24-2016 04:11 PM
    How many different folders are those 5000 pictures stored in?
    If they are all in one folder, you will see degraded performance from the file system with that many files in one folder.
    3k in one folder
    500 in other
    Rest in other folders making up around 10 different folders.
    01-24-2016 04:13 PM
    Try unclouded, it's more a file manager for cloud but once you link your internal and sd storage there is a duplicate file feature which will show you all duplicate pics easy to delete all duplicates at one time long press pics you want to delete and delete all at same it
    Sizzers likes this.
    01-24-2016 05:08 PM
    Try unclouded, it's more a file manager for cloud but once you link your internal and sd storage there is a duplicate file feature which will show you all duplicate pics easy to delete all duplicates at one time long press pics you want to delete and delete all at same it
    Good call!
    01-25-2016 03:20 AM
    3k in one folder
    500 in other
    Rest in other folders making up around 10 different folders.
    My first thought is that the 3k in one folder is what is slowing you down.
    I would try to limit the count to no more than 1k per folder.
    01-25-2016 01:51 PM
    Lullabyss: Yes, for sure. I saw it. There is a lot of funny stuff going on the facebook page of the Rat Pack Challenge. Check it out if you got some spare time.
    To be honest in comparrisson to the other apps that I tried, like QuickPic and Piktures, the little hamster app helps me the most. Those other apps are just good for managing your photos and store them somewhere. What I really needed was something to sort out my pictures and keep the best ones. Thanks to everyone for the recommendations. I'm happy that I found something good, that is really helpful :-).
    01-26-2016 10:54 AM