Is there an app for locking/unlocking my daughters Mazda 6 since she lost the remote
    thanks
    paul
    02-20-2011 09:04 PM
    I have a Viper Smartstart installed. Thats the only way I know it works. You would have to have something like that.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
    02-20-2011 09:17 PM
    Yes I was reading about this option and feel this is going to be to much cost in crude to set it up this way...
    Looking for something more cost effective...
    I don't believe that the remote was operated by laser although I could be mistaken...
    paul
    02-21-2011 09:54 AM
    Unless you have and after market car starter install like the Viper one mentioned above I'm pretty sure there isn't another way.
    02-21-2011 11:31 AM
    does the viper work from anywhere?

Like my remote starter is 100 feet or so.

Can my wife say be at a concert inside a stadium and start her car that way? using the viper app? where it uses a statellite or data connection instead of IR?
    02-21-2011 11:33 AM
    tony bag o donuts,

Viper SmartStart uses cellular, so yes, as long as both the phone and car have a signal. You would have to have a SmartStart remote starter installed in the car (or a standard Viper remote starter with SmartStart module), and it costs $50/year for the service.
    02-21-2011 12:54 PM
    True. I was out of the state and was able to unlock the wifes car that was in the shop.

Dunndw
    NRA/State certified handgun instructor
    04-11-2011 08:02 AM
    Yes I was reading about this option and feel this is going to be to much cost in crude to set it up this way...
    Looking for something more cost effective...
    There's no "more cost effective" option -- not one using a smartphone as a replacement anyway. An app by itself doesn't enable remote unlocking from a smartphone. There has to be hardware (and possibly a service) in place and that comes at a cost. Your device does not have the hardware to transmit on the frequencies used by your car's key fob. An app can't overcome that hardware limitation.

The cost effective option is to find a discounted/used remote and to program it.
    04-11-2011 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD