Tweetcaster

R

Roy Aguilera

Just downloaded it. Awesome app. In my opinion its the best tweeter app. They were even nice enough to release a free upgrade key to remove the ads.

shdwjackal

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Downloaded this too, on your advice DA6... LOL Awesome looking app. I have played around with it and really like it. Gonna give it a run and see how it pans out. It already does the one thing I could never get Twidroid or Seesmic to do: Post a new tweet while within a search. I watch a lot of MMA, and will often search to see whats going on. I like to be able to tweet during the fights without having to go back to the main screen.

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I wonder if the free key to make it the pro version is a mistake as I noticed on their website the pro version is listed at $4.99.

I grabbed it and will give it a spin. Seems to take some of the power of Twidroid and merge it with the eye candy of an iPhone app.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Maybe I'm missing it, there's no option to reply to a tweet.

Never mind found it. The reply option is there, you don't long press on the tweet, you simply tap the tweet to pull up the menu which offers, reply, retweet, favorite, and profile

Last edited:

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Am I just missing it, or is there no way to view user names vs. real name?

In any case, this is the kind of app that will draw new users to the platform. Damn fine work Handmark.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
The "free" upgrade key should be going away today. The upgrade to get rid of the ads will still be $4.99.

Just downloaded it. Awesome app. In my opinion its the best tweeter app. They were even nice enough to release a free upgrade key to remove the ads.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I tried it, and I find the UI to be eye candy - very game-ish looking, and not appealing at all to me. I didn't try it long enough to discover if it remembered your position in the timeline between uses, but there was no setting to turn that on or off. Oh, and the longest time between checks was 30 minutes; I prefer an hour, and sometimes set it to 2 hours.

Right now I like Twidroid best on Android, but the best Twitter interface I have used remains Tweetie. (I never had an iPhone or Touch, but have used it on my Mac, and I love the UI and functionality.)

R

Roy Aguilera

So if you got the free upgrade key do they take that away or honor it?

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Nice app....couple of suggestions....in the notifications bar it would be nice to know how many tweets you have received. Kind of like Twidroid where you have the notify icon and in a small circle inside the icon, new tweets received. If it's just one or two I might not bother looking. Also I'd offer the option to 'zoom out' or lower the point size on the text so you can see more tweets on one page.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
Nice app....couple of suggestions....in the notifications bar it would be nice to know how many tweets you have received. Kind of like Twidroid where you have the notify icon and in a small circle inside the icon, new tweets received. If it's just one or two I might not bother looking. Also I'd offer the option to 'zoom out' or lower the point size on the text so you can see more tweets on one page.

Both of those options are there. The notification count is in the menu line at the top next to the little Tweetie.

To adjust the font size go into Menu > More > Settings > Font Size

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I tried it, and I find the UI to be eye candy - very game-ish looking, and not appealing at all to me. I didn't try it long enough to discover if it remembered your position in the timeline between uses, but there was no setting to turn that on or off. Oh, and the longest time between checks was 30 minutes; I prefer an hour, and sometimes set it to 2 hours.

Right now I like Twidroid best on Android, but the best Twitter interface I have used remains Tweetie. (I never had an iPhone or Touch, but have used it on my Mac, and I love the UI and functionality.)

It does remember your position in the timeline, unfortunately you can't toggle it on or off

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Could be a couple of things.....maybe I didn't close down the app before. Because I just pulled it up and it included only old tweets....closed and reopened and the new ones are there. Never had a problem with Twidroid on anything. Anyway, I'll just need to observe a bit more closely what's going on. I like the app....I don't like the way Twidroid handles followers/following.

stuckingoo

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Both of those options are there. The notification count is in the menu line at the top next to the little Tweetie.

To adjust the font size go into Menu > More > Settings > Font Size

There isn't anything smaller than 'normal' with font size and that's what I want.

Regarding notification count, I want it in the notification bar at the top of main droid screen (along with battery level, temp, et. al).....if I'm understanding you correctly.

R

Roy Aguilera

If the upgrade key is still free download it. Might be part of the pro features.